Meta data taking months to load

iptvgta

I was having an issue with my emby server. it's on a dedicated linux server.

The issue was the meta data stopped loading randomly one day so I had the guy who set it up take a look at it and whatever he did erased all my meta data. its been taking months to reload. my emby server is always syncing library 24/7. Ive never had this issue before my server probably has like 60TB of content on it...

I think the folder that was storing the meta data maybe ran out of space or something and I think he sym linked it if that makes sense?

is there someone here that can help me get my library working back to normal? my emby also crashes a lot now because of this.

iptvgta

Hi there, what do you mean exactly by "months to reload"?

exactly what I mean. it's been syncing the meta data for months... so much data is still missing. library is constantly syncing

iptvgta

I can give you access to my emby if you want to see for yourself, I have no idea why it's doing it or how to fix it!

I'm also a subscriber of a 1000 key if that makes a difference. :)

Thanks guys

Edited by iptvgta

For starters I would update to Emby Server 4.3.1. Second, the server is being denied write access to it's own cache folder:

2020-01-02 01:01:21.654 Error ProviderManager: MovieDbImageProvider failed in GetImageInfos for type Movie
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.2.1.0
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
	Operating system: Unix 4.9.166.6
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Runtime: file:///opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 8
	Program data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application directory: /opt/emby-server/system
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/var/lib/emby/cache/tmdb-movies2/445040' is denied. ---> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied

That will undoubtedly cause problems, so if you can learn that up, I'm sure that will help.