Sorting defaults

levander
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

levander

When I want to sort items in a library emby uses ascending order by default which only makes sense when sorting by Title. For all the rest (Ratings, Date added/played, Release, and Runtime) it doesn't make sense to have ascending order when sorting. I don't know about other users but I myself find almost everytime clicking twice when trying to sort anything except by title. I mostly use by release/added date to remind myself what was new/last. Or for example when sorting by rating I certainly don't want to see all those items that doesn't have rating metadata first. Anyway, I think most people will agree. There used to be another button for choosing order if I remember correctly so if that is not coming back it would be nice to make ascending order default only for title sorting and all the rest descending order. (This is not something special, imdb and rottentomatoes has that behaviour by default.)

Edited by levander

Hi.  Both Android TV and Roku should already be more intelligent about this - choosing descending for date sorts and ascending for alpha by default.