Xbox One: Play button on harmony remote doesn't play highlighted episode

MBSki

MBSki

If I highlight an episode in continue watching or library, the Play button on my harmony remote doesn't start playing the video. 

Also, the channel up/down buttons don't do anything in Live TV. It seems I should be able to channel surf with the channel up/down buttons on the remote.

View and menu on the Xbox controller or remote control don't do anything either.

Are these all of these buttons (Play, channel up/down, View, Menu, etc.) fully mapped on the Xbox One?

MBSki

Yes, it's mapped. I know because if I'm playing a video, click pause on the remote, I can press the Play button on the remote to start playing again. The Play button doesn't do anything though if highlighting an episode and pressing Play.

You said it works fine with the Xbox One media remote? And you tested on an Xbox one?

Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing. In the screenshot I want to play Episode 1 which is highlighted, just by pressing the play button. But, it doesn't do anything.

post-290994-0-85807900-1577748811_thumb.jpg

seanbuff

Have you mapped the play button properly? It works just fine with the Xbox one remote.

I don't know which Xbox remote Luke is using, but I have the "official" Xbox One Media Remote and there is only a Play/Pause button -- selecting an item to play directly at that level does not work

5e0ad91cbcd1c_IMG_20191231_160652.jpg

• Like 1