Number of Shows/Movies per Page

Lighthammer

Lighthammer
Per request from Luke, I am breaking up the suggestions from this thread:

I'll add additional information for each topic as needed

Number of Shows/Movies per Page

Probably a long overdue feature is the ability to define how many movies or tv series to show per page. Show All should be an option with continuous scrolling allowed. 

Related to this, updating the jump to by alphabet could use an update in design too.

• Like 1

Dibbes

Eventually there just won't be pages anymore so this will be a moot point.

when is this eventually going to be happening you estimate?

Lighthammer

Eventually there just won't be pages anymore so this will be a moot point.

Can I assume that means you're moving to infinite scrolling format?

While this is a proven development strategy, I'd keep my eye on the pending EU Lawsuit against Youtube for this. There is a brewing argument that infinite scrolling formats is akin to addiction strategies. Being a private server, I don't know if Emby has anything to really fear if this goes down, but I would keep an eye out for developments and consider being extremely agile in the ability to pivot if this becomes a legal issue.

That being said, infinite scrolling formats is what I was edging towards in this suggestion, but I was also tempering it with the above information.   

Lighthammer

Yes. Thanks for the info.

NP, I'll try to post more here if/when I think of it.

For the record, I believe both ComputingForever and LegalEagle on Youtube have been following this. While I might catch it from them and intend to post it over here, its easy to forget about this forum sometimes. Might not be a bad idea to add these to your watching list (or at least someone on your primary dev staff should consider it).

Lighthammer

this is my number one bug bear with the web client, it will be a great day when continuous scrolling puts in an appearance.

I very much like the idea of continuous scrolling too; I just remain concerned what the EU might be doing and would hate to see the team spend a lot of time on this only to have to roll it back.

levander

I very much like the idea of continuous scrolling too; I just remain concerned what the EU might be doing and would hate to see the team spend a lot of time on this only to have to roll it back.

That doesn’t have anything to do with emby whatsoever. 

• Like 1

patje57

Can I assume that means you're moving to infinite scrolling format?

While this is a proven development strategy, I'd keep my eye on the pending EU Lawsuit against Youtube for this.

Pleas share your source, my search didn't reveal any hits about this pending lawsuit. Hard to understand how you jump to the conclusion this may impact emby.

• 1 month later...