Collections that appear only in one Movie Library

Lighthammer

Lighthammer
Per request from Luke, I am breaking up the suggestions from this thread:

I'll add additional information for each topic as needed

Collections that appear only in one Movie Library

Some might recall (particularly Luke and EBR) that I've been up and in arms several times with library and collection changes.

After the last big update, I reworked my system by using some "trickery".

Here's the usecase:

I want to be able to group related media all in one place. Let's take something that has a lot of potential sorting issues such as the Star Trek Movies. By default, Emby is going to collect all those movie series into three different box sets:

- Original Star Trek Movies

- TNG Star Trek Movies

- JJ Verse Trek Movies

For those who don't know, currently, if you make your own Box Sets, even if they contain ONLY videos from the new Movie Library you made, they will always appear in the default Movie Collections Folder.

As someone who very much likes to try to pull everything together, I'd be inclined to let the Box Set Plugin keep all those movies in the box sets it creates, but I also want to have a Box Set that contains ALL those movies plus all the related series into their own Box Set but not necessarily congest the Movie Collections Folder with all the custom Box Sets I make.

To make looking for Box Sets I've made, I've made a library containing one "dummy" video that I had to each Box Set I would to show up in that Movie Library.

This would all be much easier if we had one option added to *ALL* box sets:

- [x] Appears in <NAME> Movie Library

This would give us the ability to actively assign which Box Sets appear where. 

I think this is a quick and easy tool to implement.

Hi, have you explored your emby user home screen options? Sounds like you just want to hide the global Collections section from your home screen.

Dibbes

What I think he means is that you can create a separate Box-Sets collection for a specific library, but so that when you group a bunch of items within that library this shows up only in this library...

Lighthammer

What I think he means is that you can create a separate Box-Sets collection for a specific library, but so that when you group a bunch of items within that library this shows up only in this library...

Exactly.

If I have auto boxsets enabled (which is useful for Movies), I don't want boxsets I'm creating for OTHER Libraries showing up in the Movies Boxsets, even if it contains entries from that library.

I want to let Movie Boxsets do its own thing and have my Boxsets in my other Library do MY thing.