Startup Behavior on Shield TV Doesn't Have Option to Remember Server

Chyron

Chyron

I have a new Shield TV Pro, and have discovered some issues with the Emby app for the Shield.

I can go into each of them at length in separate posts, if that is desired. Primarily for now, though, I find that I can't get my Shield to take me to the User Login screen without first prompting for which server I want. This is my primary living room set top device. I can almost guarantee that 49 times out of 50 I would only ever want to access my home server from my Shield.

Apparently, the only options under "Startup Behavior" are "Show Login Screen", "Automatically Login as This User" and "Remember Last User".

When the app loads, I want it to ask me who to log in as---not what server.

Chyron

Regarding the login behavior, can you test our online web app in a browser:

http://app.emby.media

How does that compare?

On a browser, the startup behavior for that link is not configurable.

What it currently does is Remember Last User

I do now notice that I have bypassed that problem (on my browser) by having a bookmark in my toolbar pointing at http://app.emby.media/#!/startup/login.html?serverId=

Edited by chyron8472

Well you shouldn't do that because if we ever change the internals of the app, that url may no longer be valid.

Chyron

Well you shouldn't do that because if we ever change the internals of the app, that url may no longer be valid.

I will change it on my browser if it breaks or the setting becomes configurable.

The Shield app *is* configurable but doesn't have an option to remember the server.

The web app doesn't really have an "option" to remember the server either.  It is just that the web app is delivered BY a server so, to get to it, you use the address of that particular server.