MB3 Win8.1 x64 LAV .60.1 x64: No Subtitles

dougdude9

dougdude9

Hello all,

I'm hoping someone can help me.  I'm a long time fan of Media Browswer and I'm still using Media Browser 3 until I have time to check out this new "Theater" I hear about.  Anyway, I tried watching a movie tonight that I know has subtitles in the mkv... there are no external subtitle files.  When I play the mkv movie in VLC, I get subtitles.  When I play in in MB3 Classic, I don't get any subtitles.  I clicked on the system tray LAV splitter and thought I found the issue... it was set on no subtitles.  However, I change it and it didn't make a difference... I tried all the settings.  I also went into properties and changed the subtitle settings there with no luck.  I have to be missing something, right?  Or do I have a version of LAV (.60.1 x64) that has a bug?

Or maybe I'm just not understanding how it is supposed to work?

Thanks,

DD

dougdude9

Well, still no dice.  I loaded the latest LAV filters and I still get no subtitles when I play it in Media Browser.  If I play it with VLC, I get subtitles.  ANyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

DD

steelman1991

I don't use Win 8.1, so this may be a short and sweet conversation lol. What player are you using (mpc-hc as an external player or internal WMC)?

pgriffith

I use Sharks Codec pack (and have done since he first started producing them) and it installs LAV filters which work fine for me.

I only use the Standard packs, as anything in the advanced pack is not needed for purely playback, install both 32bit & 64bit.

I always use 'Shark007 SUGGESTED settings' and never had an issue.

Get em here  http://shark007.net/win8codecs.html

steelman1991

Agreed though I haven't had the need to use them for sometime - the dev certainly puts a lot of work into providing correct set-up. I did have to use them, as you did with 'Suggested' settings, however I think that was purely to get pgs subs to correctly display in WMC. For most, LAV and a subtitle renderer (xy-VSFilter) are likely to provide correct playback and render and a slightly lighter codec footprint.

However difficult to tell which way to go until we find out how the OP is playing his files.