HTPC standby problems with new version

fraenhawk

fraenhawk

Since updating to 182 I've noticed that if I play anything with MBC, when I press the power button on the remote (which is set in Win 7 to put HTPC to sleep) the display will go off (TV goes to No Signal) but the PC never finishes going to sleep. This is on all of my HTPCs (all Win 7, one x64, two x86). I did some more experimenting. It doesn't matter if I'm using the old or new interface.

1) If I launch WMC fresh and press power, PC goes to sleep all the way (hear all fans, HD switch off)

2) If I launch WMC and MBC and press power, PC goes to sleep.

3) If I launch WMC and MBC and play a show, then press stop and power, video signal goes off but PC never goes to sleep. If I press power the video signal restores and MBC is still on the same screen that it left off on.

I run MCE Standby Tool so I know that after a proper sleep, I should always get a nice fresh copy of WMC, which I do in scenarios one and two.

So even though on the kids HTPC I'm not running the new interface, makes me think there's some underlying change that doesn't have to do with the new player that's also changed. I'll do some more experimenting to see if I can find out what "sleep preventers" Windows might be reporting, but thought I'd post in case you figure it out faster than me :)

• Like 1

satellietje

Same here on 2 PC's with version 3.0.182.0 6-12.1

If I go to the root of Media center and then press the power button, the pc will go in sleep mode.

But if MB Classic is started, the PC does not go off.

MrFlibbles

I too have experienced this according to the MCE standby tool "show sleep blockers" button, it is not closing the file connection to the last file played. Not sure if this is a server issue or MBC.

I'm pretty sure if I enter MBC without playing any media then the HTPC will still sleep, but not after playing a file.

As I said, I think I know what this is.  However, not closing the file is WMC and should not be affecting sleep.  It has done that since the update to Win 7 and we've been having to work around it since.

fraenhawk

Installed .186 last night and was able to put two of the machines into standby late last night. Will do some more testing tonight to make sure everything's back to normal. Thanks ebr!

MrFlibbles

.184 and .186 both allow the HTPC to sleep again. Love your work ebr :)