Artwork for Media in Subfolders

rene.teniere

rene.teniere

I have the scenario of a mixed media library added from a main folder named Marvel. There are two subfolders named MCU and Marvel, each with media within. In both the emby and emby beta apps for Roku, the artwork is the proper size ratio for the first line, then the rest of the artwork below is squished down. I do not seem to have issues with other mixes media libraries with no subfolders, but the same issue persists with similar subfolder situations.

rene.teniere

I noticed that the issue isn’t consistent between release and beta...

See attached fies.

post-389939-0-03109800-1577104172_thumb.jpeg

post-389939-0-51901200-1577104193_thumb.jpeg

post-389939-0-48038700-1577104221_thumb.jpeg

Hi.  When you use folder browsing we don't have the same information about items that we do when using our specified library types.  I don't think the issue has anything to do with the placement of these items (2nd row) but, rather, just what, exactly they are.

When you click on one of those items, where do you end up?  What are they?  More folders?

rene.teniere

They are movies. In the release version, one of the screens that is affected in the beta version is fine. There definitely is an issue between the two. I am always expecting the same artwork size ratio no matter what the media type. I will add another screenshot to show the difference.

rene.teniere

Examples from the current release:

5e00f22436d04_IMG_0072.jpg

5e00f2366c50b_IMG_0073.jpg

5e00f24c777f0_IMG_0076.jpg

5e00f55b0c605_IMG_0074.jpg

Example in the Marvel folder:

5e00f2e921bf2_IMG_0079.jpg

Proper ratio but bottom is cut off

5e00f34b75a7c_IMG_0078.jpg

Example in the MCU folder:

5e00f3db946be_IMG_0080.jpg

Examples from the Beta version:

5e00f44a55b2b_IMG_0071.jpg

5e00f485e0f53_IMG_0075.jpg

5e00f4d1ae47b_IMG_0070.jpg

5e00f4ffe7e64_IMG_0077.jpg

Example in the Marvel folder:

5e00f59e77e59_IMG_0067.jpg

5e00f5e131c04_IMG_0081.jpg

Example from the MCU folder:

5e00f65b3429d_IMG_0082.jpg

I have both a streaming stick and streaming stick+ that exhibit the same results.

rene.teniere

Image # from top to bottom. 7, 11, 13, 14.

I have stacked them 1-7 for release and beta respectively. All screenshots were taken at the same positions so you can see the differences between the two, I.e. compare image #4 and image #11. #4 is the same screen as #11 only #4 is the release version and #11 is beta.

Aspect ratio is not maintained after line 1

If you re-sort the content is it still related to which line the item is on or just the items themselves?

rene.teniere

I re arranged the items. Seems like it happens to items that have a sub-folder or after items without media in it, I.e. the folder with the movie in it has a subfolder called Trailers. That is one of the affected folders and everything after that gets messed up. I can sort by name ascending and descending and the results change. With the DCEU example screenshot above, A-Z is messed up (like in the screenshot), but after switching to Z-A everything looks fine. Strange thing is putting it back to A-Z everything is fine until I back-out of the DCEU folder. When I go back in the DCEU folder, it is messed up again. I have also found that the sorting is strange if I have folders within a category for movies not yet released without media inside. I would have thought the behaviour would be a-z for all contents. It seems to separate folders a-z and then folders with movies a-z afterwards. Is this expected behaviour?

For you to test, create a main mixed media library called DC (like I have above) with folders:

—-->DC
————>Movie1 (only artwork)
————>Movie2 (only artwork)
————>Movie3 (with media and artwork)
————>Movie4 (with media and artwork)
——————>Other (nothing inside)
————>Movie5 (with media and artwork)

——>DCEU
————>Movie1 (with media and artwork)
————>Movie2 (with media and artwork)
——————>Other (nothing inside)
————>Movie3 (with media and artwork)
————>Movie4 (only artwork)

The example above is similar to what I have. I would like to note that I do not have any issues with aspect ratios on either the web or apple app versions.

Edited by rene.teniere

Right, that's why I asked what those items were.  To Emby, the way  you are browsing, those are folders, not movies and that's why they are displaying differently.  We'll see if we can improve it.

rene.teniere

I think the issue I am having is that it hits a folder, displays differently, then all movies afterwards are not displayed as they should be. I don’t mind if folders are treated a specific way, it is only when it is not displayed correctly when it is a legit folder. I am a tad OCD so it probably bothers me more than most...

Happy2Play

So is it folder inherited artwork that has issues or folder with artwork in that specific folder?  I am not seeing this issue on my folders but it could be a specific setup difference.