Amazon Unbox Video's

Don

Okay...I have a bunch of video's (movies and TV shows) I purchased from Amazon Instant Video years ago. I was thinking that I had found a way to play them through MB. I wanted to take a sec and let you guys know what I've done and see if anyone else has tried anything like this.

Amazon gives you two licenses. So what I've done is download a movie from Amazon. That, I guess gives me the license to play that video on that machine. Then I cut and paste the actual file to my "movies" folder on my server. I've found that I can still play the moved file from the server on that machine through programs like Windows Media Player. It initially played in WMC but then WMC started telling me that it couldn't open the file. The file will never play through MBC or MB Theater. I'm thinking it has something to do with the fact it is .wmv file.

The thing I don't get is if I try to play the file on a machine where I haven't gotten the license, I get an error message stating that, but when I try to play it on a licensed machine it will only work in some programs.

Any ideas?

Koleckai Silvestri

The downloads are under Silverlight DRM. The playback app needs to be able to check that and obtain a decryption key. That is what prevents playback.

Koleckai Silvestri

One of the reasons that I purchased a Roku 3. Amazon provides an App for it.

Edited by Wayne Luke