Closing after loading

bmoses

bmoses

Hello,

I have a Nabi Jr. Tablet (http://www.nabitablet.com/nabijr) that i tried side loading the latest mediabrowser apk too (1.0.45). I've purchased mediabrowser from the play store but since this table doesn't have the play store on it I can't download it to this device from the play store, hence the side load.

Anyway, when launching the app it will load up and run from anywhere from 1 to 3 seconds and then just close out, no errors or anything. Every once in awhile it will load up and stay running, when it does stay running it works perfectly, but as soon as i exit the app and try to load it again it starts just closing right away. 

any ideas what it could be? is it because of the tablet? or because its side loaded? the tablet does have the amazon play store on it that i can purchase the app from if that's what is needed, just want to make sure that's the problem before i buy it again.

thanks!

Redshirt

With that tablet, I suspect the app is dying due to running out of memory. If you could get a log from the device that would confirm. The logs will be in SDCard\MB3AndroidData\Logs

bmoses

thanks for the quick response! attached is a zip file with all the logs from that directory.

-snip

Edited by Redshirt

• 3 weeks later...
Menissalt

I've been having this issue with my Galaxy Note 2 recently. It might not just be your tablet.

::EDIT::

Just some more info, when switching to an external player Videos play (albeit slowly) and when playing to a Chromecast videos play. When using the internal player for my GN2, videos are loading and then closing almost immediately after starting playback. I have HLS disabled and am running 4.4.2 if that info is useful.

Edited by Menissalt

• 2 weeks later...
Menissalt

OK, normally I can't get HLS to work, so I use android with HLS disable. After I turned it on though, video started working. You might try this and report back.