Automation idea

ThePaladinTech

ThePaladinTech
Don't know if something like what I am going to describe exists or not, but it could be great if it did.

I use (as I suspect many of us do) a collection of software and services to watch, get, and track my media...

watching - I use Emby

Tracking - pretty much trakt

Get- usenet (sonarr and nzbget)

When I watch an episode emby will add the next episode to 'up next' if one is available. and that is what got me thinking...

to save space it would be great if there was a system / way that all of the bits and pieces I use could automate this in a way that saves me disk space-

my thought is that I tell Sonarr I want show X season n - Sonarr goes and grabs show X Season n (and once it grabs the season it turns off monitoring that season), When I am 90% done with Season n it goes and grabs Season n+1.  

After watching the last episode of season n it optionally deletes all that season.

Thinking more about this, I guess there's no need for Trakt to accomplish this? something would need to be able to query Emby and tell Sonarr what to do.

I also record shows with Emby typically as a backup, in case I can't get the show from usenet. it would be great if this automation would also delete both the 'recordedTV' season n and "downloaded TV" season n once I've watched a season.

Hope that made sense. So thoughts? does something like this exist?

Hi, I'm not sure it exists but webhooks is something that could help if you're able to write some code for it.

Hi.  We are a personal media server for your personal media so we don't wish to directly integrate with functions that are obtaining that media via some other means.

Thanks.