Live TV with parental controls enabled shows no guide

mastrmind11

mastrmind11

Title.

I enabled my kid's account to allow live tv with parental controls set to PG/TV-PG.  When I log in as that account, shows show up in the Live TV section, but guide is empty.  I can watch stuff by clicking on it from the main screen.  If I switch them to no parental control, the guide shows up.  Thinking maybe it required an initial load of channels, I then switched back to PG and nothing showed up.  To me this means that either the guide data doesn't contain ratings, or guide is just broken when parental controls are on.  Tbh I've never tried Live TV with parental controls, so I have no idea if it ever worked (though I'd imagine it has been tested internally).  Anyway, attached log includes me signing in as "Blake and Reid" trying to see the guide, then logging out of the account all via Chrome.  But I first discovered this behavior this morning via Android TV.  Thanks

emby-no-guide-data.txt

Edited by mastrmind11

Spaceboy

I think you need to apply the parental ratings to the channel to get this to work currently

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

mastrmind11

Did you enable the option to block unrated content?

yes, and disabling that feature for live tv allows the guide to show up.  So I added ratings to the kid channels and re-enabled the unrated feature and we're back in business.  thanks for the help.

• Like 1

Here is the weird part, if you restrict the rating, emby does not block it from being played. 

For example i have unrated "blocked" all that really does it not allow the guide to show program data. With the kids account i can still tune to channels that dont show any guide data which is a indicator to me that there either is no rating or a rating higher than specified. 

So at least for now when it comes to live tv do not rely on emby's parental controls.

Sorry, just for clarification, i had to uncheck the Block items with no or unrecognized rating information: for live tv so that most of the guide data shows up. With this checked it does not show data for things above the parental rating, but does not prevent it from being played.

Bit of a catch 22 at least for me, i can either enable that and have no live tv guide data at all for the kids account, or disable it and have things above the rating not show up with guide data, but yet it wont stop said content from being played.

Edited by tdiguy

• 1 month later...

Sorry, just for clarification, i had to uncheck the Block items with no or unrecognized rating information: for live tv so that most of the guide data shows up. 

@@tdiguy, what were you expecting to happen? If something doesn't have a rating and you enable the option, then it will become restricted.