Pre-record script or something similar?

rpoitras

rpoitras

Hi,

It's happened to me a couple of times now, most recently last night while recording the Survivor finale, that I completely forgot a recording was in progress when I decided to apply updates and reboot my Ubuntu server. I forget the reason I wanted to reboot, but regardless I killed my recording. I was looking for a way in Ubuntu to stop or block a reboot when "something is running" and came across the "systemd-inhibit" command. This will do exactly what I want while also allowing the admin to override that and reboot anyway, but at least I'd get a message indicating a recording is in progress as long as there is some separate process gets kicked off to do the recordings. i.e. if I just block emby then I could never reboot since emby is always running, but if a process like emby-recorder is kicked off when recording then it would work. I don't know if there's a separate process for recording hence my post. Finally, if not, is it possible to have a pre-record script like the post-processing one where I could run that command and then disable after a recording is finished? Or can this logic be baked into Emby itself?

Just throwing this out there to see if anyone else dealt with this and found a good way to handle it.

Hi, we currently don't have a pre-record script option, but perhaps using systemd-inhibit is something we could look into incorporating into the recording process.

Thanks for the feedback.