4.3.1.0 moved IMDB / TMDB links lower down?

thekingswolf
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

thekingswolf

title says it all.  movies and shows no longer have the quick link to IMDB / TMDB, TVDB, whatever.  New setting I don't see?

• Solution

Hi, they're still there. They've just been moved down to where the media info section is.

• Like 1

Well to be honest, this particular change probably shouldn't have been rolled out to stable yet, but I think you'll like it better with the next release once you've seen the next steps. Essentially we're going to clean up the detail screen, make the most important things bigger, and move the smaller details lower down.

• Like 2

thekingswolf

ah ok.  I do use those links a lot myself.  especially for shows where I am missing episodes and can grab the IMDB tag and hit the different links right there.  TVDB has gotten better about their search bit it's still easier to just click that link.  I use them a lot.

Thanks for the info as always Luke!

• Like 1

d00zah

Just updated & would like to go on record stating that these are links I use almost EVERY time I drill into the detail screen & from a media management perspective, will likely never see this as a positive change., Sorry.

Edited by d00zah
  • Like 7

Happy2Play

Yep links moved and Added date disappeared.  

This new itemdatails layout should be interesting, as links are a useful item in the web client.

I when into the item.html and moved them back to their original position for now.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 2

d00zah

I when into the items.html and moved them back to their original position for now.

Mind sharing the file location? I searched my Windows Emby-Server install dir & came up empty. TIA

Edited by d00zah

Happy2Play

Mind sharing the file location? I searched my Windows Emby-Server install dir & came up empty. TIA

Probably my fail as it is item.html not items.html.

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\dashboard-ui\item

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 3

d00zah

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\dashboard-ui\item

Hmmm... got as far as 'dashboard-ui', but didn't anticipate a subfolder (page design was never my thing) . Surprised the search returned bupkis, as I hide nothing?

Anywho, I was impatient & reverted to last stable rather than wait for your response... good enough for now. Thanks!

thekingswolf

how did you move it?  I moved the div that has Links in it directly above the Header Schedule and it doesn't change anything.

I assumed it was this div

<div class="verticalSection detailVerticalSection linksSection hide">
            <h2 class="sectionTitle padded-left" style="margin-bottom:0;">${Links}</h2>
            <div class="itemLinks padded-left padded-right"></div>
        </div>

Never mind.  I put it inside the detailSectionContent div and it moved up.  

<div class="detailSectionContent">

<h3 class="tagline"></h3>
                        <p class="overview"></p>
                        <p id="itemBirthday"></p>
                        <p id="itemBirthLocation"></p>
                        <p id="itemDeathDate"></p>

<div class="itemTags hide" style="margin: 1.5em 0;font-size:92%;">

</div>

<div class="seriesRecordingEditor">

</div>

</div>
</div>
Edited by thekingswolf
  • Like 2

riothamus

Could we get a mock-up or a preview of what this new layout will look like, for the sake of peace of mind for those of us who are not too big on the link position change?  I'm with the others where I prefer the links in their original position, as I too find them quite useful.

• Like 1

Please move the links back up and bring back the Added date field. It makes managing media through Web browser much less efficient, this information should be part of the movie information and not somewhere hidden at the bottom of the page.

Btw; i wouldn't mind at all if the file information section is moved to a separate, on demand sub page.

• Like 1

cochize1

Yep links moved and Added date disappeared.  

This new itemdatails layout should be interesting, as links are a useful item in the web client.

I when into the items.html and moved them back to their original position for now.

Could you show what change of item.html to edit to move them back to original position as the code given above doesn't seem to work for me?

Happy2Play

Could you show what change of item.html to edit to move them back to original position as the code given above doesn't seem to work for me?

See post 12, only difference is I added hide to h2.

d00zah

I took this chunk @ line 342:

</div>

& slightly tweaked, inserted this @ line 178:

<h2 class="sectionTitle padded-left hide" style="margin-bottom:0;">${Links}</h2>
             <div class="itemLinks padded-right"></div>
        </div>

I hid the label & the padding for alignment, so it looks like this:

post-10374-0-67179900-1576943062_thumb.jpg

Seems to work OK, but please let me know if it misbehaves, or I've done something glaringly wrong.

Edited by d00zah
  • Like 1

d00zah

See post 12, only difference is I added hide to h2.

Well, you beat me to it. For we uninitiated, what would the correct syntax be to "added hide to h2"? TIA

Happy2Play

Well, you beat me to it. For we uninitiated, what would the correct syntax be to "added hide to h2"? TIA

Like this

<h2 class="sectionTitle padded-left hide" style="margin-bottom:0;">${Links}</h2>

Happy2Play

Finally got it working but is there a way to remove this gap and even the links with the rest of description part?

5dfe4d072f531_sss.jpg

It is in the code as you only see the padded-left.  :)

Since you are already working directly with the html, I removed it then instead of additional css.