Person in DB but not showing up in search

Rubbinio

Rubbinio

Hi,

I am trying to run the Image Backup task for actors and i am getting the following error:

Person found in Database: Ron Clements, John Musker, Ted Elliott, Terry Rossio, Daan Jippes, Burny Mattinson, Roger Allers, Kevin Harkey, Sue C. Nichols, Francis Glebas, Darrell Rooney, Larry Leker, James Fujii, Kirk Hanson, Kevin Lima, Rebecca Reese, David S. Smith, Chris Sanders, Brian Pimental, Patrick A. Ventura, Jean Gillmore, Eric Goldberg

*** Error Report ***
Version: 4.3.1.0
Command line: C:\Users\radus\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: True
User Interactive: True
Runtime: file:///C:/Users/radus/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
Processor count: 12
Program data path: C:\Users\radus\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
Application directory: C:\Users\radus\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
System.IO.IOException: System.IO.IOException: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. : 'D:\Emby Metadata\metadata\People\R\Ron Clements, John Musker, Ted Elliott, Terry Rossio, Daan Jippes, Burny Mattinson, Roger Allers, Kevin Harkey, Sue C. Nichols, Francis Glebas, Darrell Rooney, Larry Leker, James Fujii, Kirk Hanson, Kevin Lima, Rebecca Reese, David S. Smith, Chris Sanders, Brian Pimental, Patrick A. Ventura, Jean Gillmore, Eric Goldberg'
   at System.IO.FileSystem.CreateDirectory(String fullPath)
   at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)
   at PeopleBackup.Savers.XmlSaver.BackupToPeopleDir(BaseItem person, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at PeopleBackup.PeopleBackup.BackupPeople(IEnumerable`1 persons, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at PeopleBackup.PeopleBackup.RunFullBackup(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
Source: System.IO.FileSystem
TargetSite: Void CreateDirectory(System.String)

For some reason some of my movies have as the last actor a comma separated list of all the actors.

I went and removed them from all the movies and they do not show up in search anymore but they seem to still be in the DB and the task keeps failing to backup

How can i get rid of them?

I tried to:

- vacumm the db

- rescan all my libraries

- rescan that media file

- replace metadata

None of them seem to do the trick. 

What options do i have to get rid of it from the DB ?

Thanks

Well there's a person with a really long name, so i guess the question is where did they come from. If they're not showing up in search then they must not have any media assigned to them.

I think the people backup plugin might just need some error handling to not come to a stop when it runs into this.

pünktchen

Well there's a person with a really long name, so i guess the question is where did they come from. If they're not showing up in search then they must not have any media assigned to them.

I think the people backup plugin might just need some error handling to not come to a stop when it runs into this.

The stop on error is intentional, because i want the users to repair their corrupt metadata.

Rubbinio

@@Luke - as i said in my first post that came from Emby scraping my movies. It did that to a bunch of movies where the last person is just a comma separated list of people already listed above. The person was assigned to a movie so I went into the said movie, edited metadata and deleted that person hopping it will be gone from the DB.

The stop on error is intentional, because i want the users to repair their corrupt metadata.

As I said, i tried removing it but it lingers in the DB and I am out of ideas on how to clean it up. This is what I am looking for, a way to remove it. I assumed deleting it from the media itself will do it so i am not sure why it is still in the DB.

pünktchen

@@LukeAs I said, i tried removing it but it lingers in the DB and I am out of ideas on how to clean it up. This is what I am looking for, a way to remove it. I assumed deleting it from the media itself will do it so i am not sure why it is still in the DB.

You've only removed the person from a movie, but it's still in the database as a separate person item. You need a SQLite database editor like SQLiteStudio to clean things up.

The library scan will delete people that are not assigned to any media. What this means is that they're either still attached to something, or the record in the database was created such a long time ago that it's in some kind of state that is preventing it from being cleaned up.

• Like 1

Rubbinio

The library scan will delete people that are not assigned to any media. What this means is that they're either still attached to something, or the record in the database was created such a long time ago that it's in some kind of state that is preventing it from being cleaned up.

@@Luke - found a solution but i don't get why it works that way. The only way to fix it was to run the Refresh People schedule task. The library scan did not fix it. How I figure it out was in the evening the person was there but next morning when i resumed looked into it worked. So i looked at what run at night. Removed the next comma separated person and run scheduled task manually until the backup worked. I assume person refresh is part of library scan is it not? So not sure why the schedule task does the trick but i am happy it did.