Trailers

moviefan

moviefan

Is there a clear explanation somewhere of how the new trailers (channel version) works compared to the old one?

In MBC I notice now that I have two Trailers showing. What do I need to do so there is only one again?

Thanks.

unfortunately you just have to wait a little while longer. Trailers are in a transitional state. The folder version will soon be gone in favor of the channel version, however, it's still hanging around briefly to provide compatibility in the meantime.

yardameus

Is there a clear explanation somewhere of how the new trailers (channel version) works compared to the old one?

In MBC I notice now that I have two Trailers showing. What do I need to do so there is only one again?

Thanks.

I wondered the same thing.  You can always go into your user profile and uncheck the trailers channel in the library access area.  Just don't forget about it once they sort it out.  :)

and remember you'll need to use the channel version in order to take advantage of the new pre-downloading option.

DGMayor

Can we some how make sure that the new channels version supports the EHS/RAL like the old version?   I'd never watch a trailer if I didn't have a list of new ones on my EHS.   

Can we some how make sure that the new channels version supports the EHS/RAL like the old version?   I'd never watch a trailer if I didn't have a list of new ones on my EHS.   

This is being worked on and, hopefully, will be in the next server release.

DGMayor

This is being worked on and, hopefully, will be in the next server release.

Great news.   I assume the goal would be to have the transition to the channels version as seamless as possible, but I figured I'd bring it up :)

Cheesegeezer

Does this still download to folders or is it just streaming again and never saves to movie folder?

Downloading of trailers for your movies has been moved to a new plug-in.

The channels version of the upcoming trailers plug-in can pre-download them now.

BATTLE DONKEY

Can we specify where the upcoming downloaded trailers are saved or does it automatically save them in the MBServer folder? Sorry if its obvious, I haven't found settings that specify where to save them

Koleckai Silvestri

Can we specify where the upcoming downloaded trailers are saved or does it automatically save them in the MBServer folder? Sorry if its obvious, I haven't found settings that specify where to save them

You can specify a path under Channels in the configuration tool.

DGMayor

Downloading of trailers for your movies has been moved to a new plug-in.

I don't recall seeing this posted anywhere but here.  Is there some type of method we can have to alert people of new plugins and feature changes?  Like  a notification system or something?  ;)

Seriously though, I would have never realized that this feature of trailers was moved into it's own plugin had I not seen this thread.