UnRaid docker image of emby and nvidia shield will not connect

Logos302

Logos302

ok I don't know what going on here.  I can connect via the web, I can connect emby theater no problem.  But my nvidia shield will not connect it just doesn't see the server as far as I can tell.  This is a new setup and I'm switching over to unraid so I'm sure it's something simple, but I'm at a loss as two clients connect.  

Hi.  How are you trying to connect?  Can you please explain exactly what you are doing and what is happening?

Thanks.

Logos302

The docker contain is configured in bridge mode, I added 8920 port to the list (After it wasn't working).  I've tried manual as well as emby connect.  I have set the lan address to my internet network 192.168.1.0/24 and the internal ip to 192.168.1.110 (the ip of the unraid box).

I click on emby on my nvidia shield and try and connect it to my new unraid emby docker.  I've tried setting it up with emby connect (And it seem to say it's connected but doesn't see a server)  I've also tried it manually typing in the ip of the unraid server and clicking ok which doesn't seem to even try.  If I used emby connect via the web it works (On a PC), if I use Emby theater it works (On a PC).  I havn't tried my roku yet but it's next.  I was thinking of maybe uninstall the docker image and re-installing it from scratch as I did do a restore from my windows box to it, to get all my watched data (Maybe I restored too much?).  

Hi.  8920 is the SSL port.  Did you also allow traffic on 8096?  If you are trying to connect via SSL you will need to use a certificate the device will accept.  What kind of cert do you have?

Logos302

I'm not trying to use SSL I was just troubleshooting :).  When you say allow (I'm new to unraid, very new).  I'm not at home at the moment, but I've configured it so that it should pass 8096 into the docker image.  And Emby theater, and web both use that port (Don't they) and are working so I think I've done it right...

*edit : is there away to get the logs out of the shield to see what it's doing/not doing :).

Edited by Logos302

For starters I would try host mode as that is what most people around here are using. The next thing i would do is show us what your docker run command looks like.

Logos302

/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='EmbyServer' --net='host' --log-opt max-size='50m' --log-opt max-file='1' -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'TCP_PORT_8096'='8096' -e 'UID'='2' -e 'GID'='2' -e 'GIDLIST'='2' -v '/mnt':'/mnt':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/EmbyServer':'/config':'rw' 'emby/embyserver:latest'    I believe is what your looking for.  

ok don't know what I was doing wrong last night, but today I tried it (After switching to host mode) and now it's working.  

Edited by Logos302