Media browser classic without internet

Sahil

Is MB classic cannot be used without internet?? Yesterday my Internet connection was down and I tried to run MBC but unable to start it..It was saying UNABLE TO FIND SERVER but server was running .

I have installed media browser classic on same laptop in which i have installed media browser server

Edited by Sahil

Where is your server?

I have a local copy I use on a plane with no internet, but I also have a server on the same machine.

Server is on the same machine on which MBC is installed.

When internet connection is off It says " ensure that MB server is installed or running on same local network"

Edited by Sahil

pixsoul

I had internet connection issues the past couple of days. MB3 worked fine, although without the internet connection the user experience was not as good as I suspect it was scanning for metadata/images for some shows which did not have any info yet,

That means we cannot find the server.  Did you point to it using an external IP address?

pixsoul

Do you mean the Mediabrowser server? Both the MBC client and MB server are on the same network; but this network lost internet access for a period.

Do you mean the Mediabrowser server? Both the MBC client and MB server are on the same network; but this network lost internet access for a period.

Was talking to the OP.

If he pointed to his server (on the same machine) using an external IP address, it would not be able to find it without the internet.