Can't log into my emby server with my main account

ben61694

ben61694

I have my main account called odroidc2 which is connected to emby connect. When I log into emby connect on my server it asks me for my login. This account's login works but the main account does not. I tried password resetting with the pin but I have no way of logging in. Is there away I can manually set my password on the server or something?

@@cayars

@@Happy2Play

Happy2Play

No, it's telling me to go into my server to retrieve a pin

Correct it should tell you the location of the for passwordrest.txt.  That file will have further instructions.

ben61694

Yes, when I go to the site, enter my pin, it says password has been reset for the following users. Please sign in with a blank password. But when I try to sign in it says invalid password

ben61694

Once you reset your password there's a login page that comes after and I log into that. I also tried logging in on my manual server page too.

ben61694

Okay so my phone just randomly decided to be logged in to my main account when I opened the Emby app on my phone. I changed the password and can log in now. However, it got disconnected from my emby connect account which is why the server was asking me to log in a second time. What do I have to do to reconnect that account to emby connect cause I set it up a long time ago and never touched it since.

In the server dashboard edit the user and enter their emby connect info. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

ben61694

Thanks, that worked and all is well. Any idea why it got unlinked/I got logged out? I recently got a new phone and signed in just fine. I was using it for a while before I got kicked out randomly.

It sounds to me if this was a phone issue with caching information.

It's always best to do an admin password reset on the server itself if at all possible.

ben61694

I see, weird cause I could log into my second account just fine. You mean emby admin password reset? I thought I just did that when I logged in and changed my pass?