Emby Server Doesn't Appear via UPnP

MBSki

Even if we did, we don't have evidence yet that it will help you. What you could try is a new portable install just for testing purposes, this way you can leave your current installation as-is.

MBSki

Yea, I think I'll do that. Got an old laptop that I'll wipe and test out. Gonna start by installing Serviio and PlayOn, then Emby and see if i have the same problem. 

Btw, can't remember if i mentioned this, but I do see the server for 1 time in the Denon app. If i close the Denon app, and reopen Emby is gone. So it works once, but not a second time. That just seems really odd to me and don't understand how the firewall would allow it once, but not a 2nd time. Also, when i installed i didn't check "Public" network. Is there something that doesn't get configured when i don't check allow on "Public"?

You could do a portable install on the same machine as well so that you don't have to impact your current install. Just shut it down, download our portable zip, unzip and run embyserver.exe.

If i close the Denon app, and reopen Emby is gone. So it works once, but not a second time. 

You could try lowering the blast message interval in dlna settings. I think the default is every 5 or 10 minutes. You could try setting it to one minute.

MBSki

Didn't know that about the portable install, thanks.

And, yes, i played with the blast interval before, but it didn't work. Knocked it down to 5 seconds this time after reading about someone else experiencing the same issue in July and it DID work!! Pushed it to 1 minute, and it didn't work so finally settled on 15 seconds. Not ideal, but that time is literally the max time I have to wait for Emby to appear in the Denon app. It could be less, but there's no guarantee unless I push it down to 15 or less.

So, is that my solution? Seems like a really low number, but I can use it for now. Back in July there was a suggestion that DLNA improvements were needed. Is it still possible that some more tweaking to DLNA is still needed?

And thanks for your help. Really appreciate it.

MBSki

Yes, true, but I'm not that patient.  :lol: I think i'll keep it like this for awhile at 15 seconds. Hopefully it's not creating that much network traffic for it to be a problem. I think I might actually be good to go. Thank you again.

I think that's a bit much personally so keep an eye on whether or not resource utilization of the emby server process goes up due to this.

MBSki

Ah, ok. CPU, Disk, and network is really low right now and memory is at 140 MB. If it starts to get out of control I'll report back here.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I have the same problem Emby is work only with "Port Forwarding" 

I have spent many hours, I would probably say Days ...., trying to activate UPNP to router and mac (macOS 10.15.4).
But nothing,
It just doesn't work in the emby version 4.4.2.0.

I have the same problem Emby is work only with "Port Forwarding" 

I have spent many hours, I would probably say Days ...., trying to activate UPNP to router and mac (macOS 10.15.4).
But nothing,
It just doesn't work in the emby version 4.4.2.0.

Hi there, what kind of router do you have?

Hi there, what kind of router do you have?

router: Speedport Plus
Firmware version :09022001.00.030_OTE3

That's it!

Do you have the port mapper option enabled in emby server network settings?

I have test it in two deferent router ( with enable upnp) but nothing