Live TV with Winfast DTV2000

jamoz321

jamoz321

Hi All, I'm a long time Media Center user coming over to Emby and having trouble setting up Live TV. My home theater PC uses a Winfast DTV2000 tuner card which works great under Media Center but cannot get Emby to detect it. I selected the Other option under Live TV / TV Source Setup and still won't detect device.

I have searched this forum and not been able to find any answers. Any advice on where a new user should go to fix this will be most appreciated. Mark

Hi, this card isn't supported natively by Emby, but what you could do is install the Next PVR software, get the tuner working there, then install the Next PVR plugin for Emby Server. Then restart the server, configure the next pvr plugin if needed, and refresh the guide data in Emby. Emby will then import from Next Pvr. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

jamoz321

Many thanks, after several attempts, an upgrade to the latest release of NextPVR and several restarts of the Emby server, I now have Live TV. Looking forward to getting the rest of Emby setup. Thanks again for the information, it was just what I needed.