CoverArt: HD Specific Cover Selection mapping does not work

kkhan

kkhan

Been using CoverArt uneventfully for several years - the best praise I can think off.

Essentially I just ticked Cover By Definition Instead of by Type and that did the job - two specific cover treatments.

However, today my wife asked me to make it easier to identify DVDs in the collection: so I unticked the above and then manually selected the specific cover selections HD items will use the BD Cover, DVD items will use the DVD Cover, All Other items will use SD Cover.

The above does not work because CoverArt refuses to recognise the first mapping. Indeed, trying to map HD items to anything does not work.

Is this is a bug or am I doing something stupid.

techywarrior

Make sure that your HD items are >=1280px wide. Another thing that can slip it up is if MB doesn't grab the file info properly (this can happen if it scans the file before it's finished copying).

Go to the web client and go to one of your movies/tv shows. Click on MediaInfo below the image. It should have a lot of stuff in it. If there is just a single line or nothing then it's the latter problem. Click the edit button and then press the refresh link and see if that fixes it for you.

Edited by techywarrior

Cheesegeezer

Been using CoverArt uneventfully for several years - the best praise I can think off.

Essentially I just ticked Cover By Definition Instead of by Type and that did the job - two specific cover treatments.

However, today my wife asked me to make it easier to identify DVDs in the collection: so I unticked the above and then manually selected the specific cover selections HD items will use the BD Cover, DVD items will use the DVD Cover, All Other items will use SD Cover.

The above does not work because CoverArt refuses to recognise the first mapping. Indeed, trying to map HD items to anything does not work.

Is this is a bug or am I doing something stupid.

I've just been playing with my Coverart to see if it's possible.  It would appear the Cover By Definition overrides any other specific treatments you may want.

But yes, I confirm what you are saying.  It's impossible to create the configuration of treatments you are trying.

Yeah, currently the "HD" and "SD" items are only effective if you have the "cover by definition" option selected.

Otherwise, you have ambiguity.  Is an item SD or a DVD?