Logitech Remote Commands

ghostguy
Go to solution Solved by swhitmore,

AdrianW

There's no need to run the IR senders to each device. Remote and base station both transmit the IR commands. The extenders do improve things, especially if your stuff is in a cabinet or something.

That's something I was concerned about before buying an Elite. I now have the hub placed below my TV facing out into the room - and it successfully controls the TV, Blu ray player and receiver all of which are also facing out into the room. I guess the IR power is very strong and bounces around the room.

I have one extender inside the cabinet for controlling my NUC which is behind a door.

The hub also control's my son's Wii-U via bluetooth and a few Lifx globes via wi-fi.

• Like 1

MrWebsmith

^ i need to try this when i replace the 890 in my setup with one of the "hub" models

Disorganise

There's no need to run the IR senders to each device. Remote and base station both transmit the IR commands. The extenders do improve things, especially if your stuff is in a cabinet or something.

Didn't know that either. That would mean the remote itself can do the tv and amp and the base/sender can do the FetchTV and media pc which sit behind a wooden door (i use a relay at moment that i bought as a kit from jaycar)

Still.....it's a lot of money and being IR it still won't know if the device reacted or not so you can stilk get out of sync (though less likely with the blaster). Out of curiosity.....can you schedule stuff and/or react to events?

Eg....it would potentially be useful to turn the AC off when you turn the TV etc off. Even better to schedule the AC(heater) to start before getting up for work (ideally if temp below a threshold).

Are all the harmony's backlit? The 350 looks ideal for our holiday shack (tv, amp, tbd streaming device)

Starlionblue

Didn't know that either. That would mean the remote itself can do the tv and amp and the base/sender can do the FetchTV and media pc which sit behind a wooden door (i use a relay at moment that i bought as a kit from jaycar)

Still.....it's a lot of money and being IR it still won't know if the device reacted or not so you can stilk get out of sync (though less likely with the blaster). Out of curiosity.....can you schedule stuff and/or react to events?

Eg....it would potentially be useful to turn the AC off when you turn the TV etc off. Even better to schedule the AC(heater) to start before getting up for work (ideally if temp below a threshold).

Are all the harmony's backlit? The 350 looks ideal for our holiday shack (tv, amp, tbd streaming device)

It is indeed a lot of money. However these things last a long time. I had the Harmony One for 5-6 years and only replaced it in order to upgrade to the Ultimate. It was still working just fine. Logitech has been very good at adding support for new devices as they come out.

The "not knowing" if a device is turned on or not can be a bit of a snag, but given the reliability of IR transmission on the Ultimate and Elite, this is just a minor thing now. With the One it was more of an annoyance when certain family members selected an activity, then immediately put the remote on the table without waiting for it to send all the commands. If they do that with the Ultimate, the base and the repeaters will take care of the commands anyway. Also, the base station, the remote and the app synchronize (assumed) controlled device states so there's less risk of things being out of whack.

The "Fix" option is a life saver as it simply goes through devices with a Q&A that even a child can follow. "Now is the TV on?" "Does this fix your problem?" and so on.

You can set up trigger events. For example my "Emby" activity includes dimming the lights. This is just like any other event in an Activity.

I don't think you can set up timers.