Media Browser Client for iPad is live! 6/10/2014

Longrifle

Longrifle

am I the only one who got this notification? 

Media Browser Client for iPad is live!

6/10/2014

We are excited to announce that Media Browser for iPad has been approved in the Apple App Store.

I can't find it on the app store, and the link is broken to the post.??

hhhmmm?????

Koleckai Silvestri

It was up briefly and seems to have been removed. Maybe a premature announcement.

Longrifle

oh good to hear, waiting desperately for it!! 

thanks for all your hard work as always!

Edited by Longrifle

techywarrior

The app was briefly live but there was a major issue discovered immediately so it was pulled. Since the notification was sent before the app was pulled, and there is no way to revoke a notification in the system, you see that message.

The updated app has already been submitted to Apple and it will go live again as soon as it's approved. Since this is an update to the app and not the initial submission of it approval should be much faster.

darwindeeds

One of the test servers were showing up in the server release and it was more of risk prevention incase Apple thinks we are sharing copyright media. Since, it was not out in the wild, we decided to pull the app and submitted the update.

Thanks for your patience. The update should get through faster.

Edited by darwindeeds
  • Like 3

Cheesegeezer

Its completely bonkers to think apple missed this during the original app approval, but it would have been rejected if you used an ipad icon. Go figure!!

Cheesegeezer

I guess I was asking does anyone actually know a specific time or timeline... :unsure:

It's in apple's hands at the moment.  The long lengthy initial approval phase has been approved.  Updates are much quicker to go thru the approval process.  I would keep your eye out for an announcement as I don't think it will be too long.

Koleckai Silvestri

Updates through Apple usually take 2-6 business days. Apple doesn't approve apps on the weekends and has blackouts during certain parts of the year. They may have a backlog right now because they don't approve a lot of apps during their WWDC.