Emby server with old HDHomerun3-DT (Aus) and LiveTV

Jashobeam

Jashobeam

Hi everyone.

I cannot get Live TV working with Emby. I am a recent purchaser of Emby Premiere after years of enjoying Media Browser/Emby on my WMC setup. Some time ago I installed Emby Server on my home server (Windows Server 2012 R2) and I figured that with Premiere I could switch to Theatre on my main screen for an experience mostly equivalent to WMC. For some years now I have had a HDHR3-DT installed on my local network and am trying to get it working with Emby Server. I have followed all the instructions I could find wrt HDHR3-DT including installing the HDHomerun software for Windows on the server and successfully scanning for channels. That all works but I cannot get HDHomerun View working on the server because it doesn't support OpenGL shaders (it's a very basic machine). I have installed the HDHomerun software on other machines in the house and that mostly goes as it should although sometimes the View software doesn't work and when I try to view channels via the setup software it often report the tuner is locked by the server. I can override this lockout and successfully view the channel, and that allows View to work as well. So it would appear that the Emby server is locking the HDHomerun tuner but failing to open a stream. I've turned off the firewall on the server completely in the course of eliminating possible issues. Still no good.

I've attached my recent log. Any assistance appreciated.

emby server log.txt

kanipek

Hi everyone.

I cannot get Live TV working with Emby. I am a recent purchaser of Emby Premiere after years of enjoying Media Browser/Emby on my WMC setup. Some time ago I installed Emby Server on my home server (Windows Server 2012 R2) and I figured that with Premiere I could switch to Theatre on my main screen for an experience mostly equivalent to WMC. For some years now I have had a HDHR3-DT installed on my local network and am trying to get it working with Emby Server. I have followed all the instructions I could find wrt HDHR3-DT including installing the HDHomerun software for Windows on the server and successfully scanning for channels. That all works but I cannot get HDHomerun View working on the server because it doesn't support OpenGL shaders (it's a very basic machine). I have installed the HDHomerun software on other machines in the house and that mostly goes as it should although sometimes the View software doesn't work and when I try to view channels via the setup software it often report the tuner is locked by the server. I can override this lockout and successfully view the channel, and that allows View to work as well. So it would appear that the Emby server is locking the HDHomerun tuner but failing to open a stream. I've turned off the firewall on the server completely in the course of eliminating possible issues. Still no good.

I've attached my recent log. Any assistance appreciated.

Possibly change the BDA compatibility mode in the HDHR setup software - I seem to remember this from using my original HDHR units. Worth a try.

Jashobeam

Hi guys, thanks so much for reading/replying.

The firmware is 20170930 from memory, which I believe is the latest for this device although I have found it difficult to really confirm this. I looked through the files that come with the latest software for Windows install but wasn't sure which one applies to my device. It is definitely newer than the minimum required for Emby Live TV that is noted in these forums elsewhere. 

I will play with the BDA compatibility mode as you suggest kanipek - I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere in my research, thanks.

• Like 1

kanipek

I will play with the BDA compatibility mode as you suggest kanipek - I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere in my research, thanks.

I set mine to SageTV and has worked for all the PVR/DVR packages I have played with, except of course WMC. Hope that solves it for you.