Emby server (not) working

baergfamily

baergfamily

I have a DS1813 and installed Emby Server from the package center. I was able to add media, build the library and add some plugins (kodi companion, playback reporting, and auto box sets). Those indicated that I needed to restart the server, so I attempted to do so via the server control panel. It hung and didn't re-start, even after 30ish minutes still nothing. So I attempted to stop and restart via the package center. Again, no luck. It continued to show as running. I then uninstalled and re-installed. It installed, but won't start. But here's the rub, it's running. I am able to access the server control panel web interface, but it doesn't show as running on the synology package center or the running processes. I am unable to scan the library, and unable to generate thumbnails. What did I do wrong?  

Edited by baergfamily

baergfamily

I did, but no change. It shows installed, but I can't "start" emby, even though I can access the dashboard, and the apps still access the library. 

FrostByte

Hi there, did you try rebooting the NAS? @@FrostByte have you seen this before?

No, sorry, haven't seen that one or heard of anyone having an issue like that.  

Emby server (not) working

It's not working for me since today

@@amstelgr, hi there, what does "not working" mean ? Can  you please describe your issue a little bit more? thanks.

baergfamily

The server is accessible from the dashboard, but I can't update the library or complete any other scheduled tasks (thumbnail generation, etc). The videos will play when accessed from the app, but the updates via Kodi take forever and have yet to be completed (>3 days).

When trying to access the server dashboard via the web UI of the Synology diskstation, it isn't listed as a running package, though it shows installed. When attempting to start the package via the package center it won't start. It also isn't listed as a running package on the resource monitor.

baergfamily

Got my issue fixed....I stopped it via the server dashboard, and then started it via the synology package center. It still isn't listed as a running service on the resource monitor, but it is on the package center and is accessible via the web UI. 

Edited by baergfamily