Slow to play file

Swynol

Swynol

anyone else having problems playing files? 

when i choose a film and click the play button sometimes it does nothing other times it will take 2-3mins before it decides to do anything.

only started happening since the last update.

Koleckai Silvestri

I haven't experienced this. Does the Machine and Windows User that are running Media Browser Theater have read permissions to the media file's location? 

Andy added a background component downloader. The latest MBT release has probably updated them. We do need to provide visual feedback, but fyi. For me they take a couple seconds to download. Just let it finish and then playback should start playing, and subsequent plays should be normal.

Swynol

ye i have full permission to the folders. happens on 3 separate machines. i timed one just now, its a bluray rip so 20gb+ MBT is installed on the same machine as MBS and the files are stored locally on that machine, it took just over 4 mins from when i press play for it to start playing. 

is there any automatic way for the component downloader to do what it needs to do all in 1 hit? its a pain when watching a TV series as after i finish one episode i select the next and it takes a few minutes before playing.

i'll see if the subsequent plays play fine. 

Andy added a background component downloader. The latest MBT release has probably updated them. We do need to provide visual feedback, but fyi. For me they take a couple seconds to download. Just let it finish and then playback should start playing, and subsequent plays should be normal.

Good day Luke,

Well not everyone on high speed internet, so best to make that as an option, to disable or enable for whom want it.

My best