Zoom options when viewing content...

Chuck_IV

Chuck_IV

So when I view movies on my iphone 11 pro max, many of the 16x9 2;35 and so on content show with bars not only on the top and bottom(to be expected) but also on the left and right, since Emby is showing it in its proper aspect ratio. I was kicking around Plex on iOS and noticed that while the movie's aspect ratio mirrors Emby initially, you can double tap on the screen and it will "zoom" the whole picture horizontally AND vertically to fill more of the screen without losing the proper aspect ratio. So the picture now expands to completely fill the screen horizontally, while also expanding vertically, leaving just a small amount of black bars top and bottom. So the resulting picture is still in the proper aspect ratio while filling most of the screen.

I don't see an option like this on Emby for iOS. I have tried FILL, but all the does is stretch the picture horizontally and does nothing vertically, so all i get is a stretched picture that looks distorted. Is there a more proper zoom coming, similar to what Plex does?

Thanks.

Edited by Chuck_IV