24/96 flac music files

Acemt

Hello,

I am new to Emby. Plex user but having issues with Hi-res audio files on Plex for LG TV. All my 24/96 .flac music files return an error code.

I am considering switching to Emby but heard that Direct play of Hi-res audio was not available on Emby. I can't seem to find any answers to this elsewhere. I do NOT want to transcode these files, I want them to play Analog from my server to my Yamaha receiver. Currently, the only app I can find that does this properly is Audirvana on my Mac mini and Kodi.

Thanks in advance. Here's hoping it works.

Mark

Hi Luke. I am getting an h4 error code on plex and they will not play on the LG. Everything plays fine on Mac OS, just not via the TV server. Hence I was wondering if Emby will play these files directly without down-sampling them.

Thanks,

Mark

Looking at the code our LG app will definitely try to direct play them, but you may end up getting an error as well. It all comes down to what the device supports. All apps built for LG use the LG audio and video players. If the device doesn't support it there's nothing that any individual app can do to change that. So that's when transcoding comes into play to allow it to work.

Thanks for the reply Luke. That's a shame that LG may be the restricting item. May have to continue to use the Mac mini to play my hi-res stuff.

Mark

Update:  Just wanted to let you know that the music does play on Emby with no error code. Unfortunately it is be down-sampled as the  receiver shows PCM, instead of Analog. Just wanted to let you know.

It's too bad that this is a restriction as I had hoped to remove the mac-mini from my setup as it runs 24/7. It seems that until LG gets their audio player fixed, I am somewhat limited with my huge selection of Hi-res audio files. I know a some people comment that they hear no difference, but when played through the Mcintosh, there is a definite difference in quality between the two.

Thanks for responding so quickly. I still haven't heard a peep from Plex.

Enjoy your weekend.

Mark

Update #2. I found out that the LG TV was set to  PCM way down deep in the settings menu after getting help from LG. This didn't fix the playback issue with Plex. Still error message but I was fairly confident that this would solve the PCM output with Emby and I would switch over.....

NOW, Emby won't load my libraries anymore. I can see movies, tv shows, and music. When I click on the music, or movies for that matter, I get the little skinny circle thing but nothing loads. This worked 2 days ago??? Now I am not sure what to do. Have turned on, turned off, restated the app multiple times and still no worky.

Help please

Yes Sir. Just purchased lifetime sub. Doing a new scan now. Unfortunately I checked make thumbnails for the TV show folder I added and that's eating up the server time right now. When it's done, I'll check everything again and send a new one.

Thanks

Unfortunately I checked make thumbnails for the TV show folder I added and that's eating up the server time right now

Ok that might be causing heave load on the server. Are the thumbnails generating right now?

They weren't when I initially tried it and it was failing. I re-ran the scan and at the same time figured I would add the TV folder. Shouldn't have clicked on the button for thumbnails now, but I did. Server is very busy now. I will try everything again once finished. Hopefully by this evening or tomorrow

OK, good news is I was able to get server working again. Deleted redundant server on mac-mini and reconnected everything back to NAS. Re-scanned everything and now it works.

UNFORTUNATELY, Hi-res music is STILL being trans-coded as obviously the LG program doesn't allow for it, The only way I can still get it to play properly in Analog is to play it through the mac-mini before sending to TV.

Oh well, at least it plays. PLEX, still gives me error on these files and nobody seems to care. I haven't heard a work from their support.

Thanks again Luke.

Another issue popped up today. got a "Playback error. No compatible streams available." Contact administrator......

It is a .flac file. Maybe the bit rate is too high? This is from Mediainfo:

FLAC: 84.4 MiB, 4mn 4s
1 Audio stream: FLAC
Duration: 4mn 4s
Overall bit rate mode: Variable
Overall bit rate: 2 900 Kbps
Album: Raising Sand -  180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - 2nd release
Part: 1

Audio 2 900 Kbps, 96.0 khz, 24 bits, 2 channels, flac

Everything is playing fine. Does Emby transcode to wav or mp3? Changed the NAS to use wav for trans-coding the other day, instead of .mps3, not sure if related.

thanks,

Mark

This is from the LG tv app to my Yamaha receiver being fed by Lan cable from NAS

Edited by Acemt