UNC Error

tewanchuk

tewanchuk

I am getting the following error, and going out of my mind trying to fix it. "Could not access media. Will attempt to stream..."  I have removed all my folders and readded  a single UNC as a test. Using XBOX360 MC to stream.  When it does stream it looks like garbage. I have verified that Everyone has read-only to all files and folders as well as share perms. Also won't play 720p MKVs. Attached is a screen shot of my library config and the last log.

Please help!!!!

post-1415-0-92370600-1402552349_thumb.png

server-63538128000.txt

I need the MBC log but I already know what it is going to tell me.  The user of the extender cannot access the files directly.

When you use an extender, you are using a hidden Windows user account on the host machine.  This account has a password that you cannot know. Therefore, the only way to get access to the media for the extender is to give "Everyone" access to the media with no password.

tewanchuk

Ok, so the log attached is obviously the wrong one. Where would I find that log? I have give Everyone READ-ONLY access to both the individual files and shares, but I'll double check. Also, my back end is a WHSv1. Not too sure if that makes a difference. This was all working, BUT I had to do WHS rebuild. So is the UNC message a Red Herring?

Ok, so the log attached is obviously the wrong one. Where would I find that log? I have give Everyone READ-ONLY access to both the individual files and shares, but I'll double check. Also, my back end is a WHSv1. Not too sure if that makes a difference. This was all working, BUT I had to do WHS rebuild. So is the UNC message a Red Herring?

Good day,

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

My best

thecag

Even if you have set sharing permissions to Everyone, you may also need to make sure you're not challenged when hitting the shares using UNC paths. The required password prompt can be disabled Network and Sharing Center. Just rebuild my WHS 2011 machine and hit the same snag.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
tewanchuk

Going a bit nuts here. Set share and file permissions to "Everyone" Full Control, with the Inherit attribute.

Using UNCs

Log attached

What am I missing....

What am I miss

Edited by tewanchuk