Emby on Roku - Music Stops After Each Song?

rudco

I was experiencing the same behavior when pressing the Play button on the Music library (to perform shuffle play of the whole library).  I found this post, loaded the Roku Emby Beta client and the first song played was an mp3 file, it completed and went right to the next song, which is a wma file.  I was expecting it to hangup on the wma file but ALAS, it worked!  So the Roku Beta is working well for me with the Version 4.3.0.24 Server beta on a Raspberry Pi.  Thanks for your efforts!

Thanks for the feedback !

• 3 weeks later...

I was experiencing this on my Roku. A few seconds before a song would end, the player would stall. My files are either FLAC or mp3. I'm not sure if the issue cropped up when playing mp3, but it definitely did on FLAC files. Thanks to this topic I installed the beta app, and it is no longer stalling.

Thanks for getting this fixed!

nospammage

When will the Roku Beta client become the Roku Client (non-Beta)?  It's still sampling the next audio at the four second mark before playing the song.

When will the Roku Beta client become the Roku Client (non-Beta)?  It's still sampling the next audio at the four second mark before playing the song.

Right now the Roku store is in holiday-freeze. Once that freeze elapses we can once again resume our normal release schedule. We will be able to provide a new Store version after January 5th, 2020.

For more information see below:

https://blog.roku.com/developer/2019-channel-store-blackout-dates

Have a happy holidays. We can still update our Beta any time we desire.

Edited by speechles