Nine tv shows showing up as version of the same show, a show I don't have

marktaff

marktaff

Emby 4.3.0.30.  For each episode #, i.e. S01E01, I have n 'versions' of that episode, where n is however many of that season has that episode number. So 9 versions of  E01, 3 of E14, and 1 of E24, for example.

I can't figure out how to fix it. Thanks for your help!  All the files are in /show-name/S0x/show-name.S0xE0x.espisode-title [1080p.x265.aac.6ch].mkv format.

5ddf3e699c90c_tvshowbug.jpg

Edited by marktaff

Happy2Play

I am not sure season folders "S01" are fully supported, but from the text file above this should not be happening.  As it would appear every series is self contained.

Have to figure out why everything is being merged.

Edited by Happy2Play

marktaff

It might be a regression.  I had 4.3.0.26, then migrated to new guts in the server, reinstalled 4.3.0.26, scanned, then upgraded to 4.3.0.30.  They were all recognized properly in 4.3.0.26 (my external managements scripts make me certain of that). Note that the shows were originally added over the course of time, so the issue could have crept in anytime in the last 13 months or so.

All the other shows and seasons that are picked up correctly are organized (self-contained) and named via the same convention.

Under normal circumstances, what in the path/filename/file-metadata would create files as 'versions' of the same tv show or movie?

Edit: Touching folder/file had no effect:

# After Touch folder
2019-11-28 16:46:11.721 Info LibraryMonitor: One Piece (/srv/samba/public/video/tv/Heroes) will be refreshed.

# After Touch file
2019-11-28 17:16:02.056 Info MediaProbeManager: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Execute: /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -i file:"/srv/samba/public/video/tv/Heroes/S01/Heroes.S01E01.Genesis [1080p.x265.AAC.6CH].mkv" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_chapters -show_format -show_data
2019-11-28 17:16:35.286 Info LibraryMonitor: Heroes.S01E01.Genesis [1080p.x265.AAC.6CH] (/srv/samba/public/video/tv/Heroes/S01/Heroes.S01E01.Genesis [1080p.x265.AAC.6CH].mkv) will be refreshed.

Edit 2: Fixed, I think. In the web front end, in the series listing, I clicked on 'One Piece', and under the ellipsis was an identify option. Using that, it gave me the option to identify one series at a time, and after a successful tmdb query, it properly picked up all that show's episodes and put them in the library. My series count is now correct, but my total episode count is 5 shy of what it should be.  I'll try to figure that out next.  My best guess for a cause is some sort of emby bug, or some weird results from tmdb during the initial scan that emby didn't handle as ideally as possible.

Thanks!

Edited by marktaff

but my total episode count is 5 shy of what it should be.  

Episodes are probably being merged together by the multi-version feature. Can we look at an example? thanks.

marktaff

I resolved all these late last night, but sure, np. I was able to use the reports plugin to get a episode list from emby, and a list from the filesystem, sort and diff the two lists.  These six were files emby wasn't counting:

root@columbia:/srv/samba/public/video/tv> diff /home/mark/all.episodes.txt /home/mark/emby.known.episodes.sorted.txt 
349d348
< /srv/samba/public/video/tv/Alphas/S01/Alphas.S01E01.Part1 [720p.x265.AAC.6CH].mkv
1271d1269
< /srv/samba/public/video/tv/Bones/S11/Bones.S11E05.Crossover.Sleepy.Hollow.The.Resurrection.in.the.Remains [1080p.x265.AAC.6CH].mkv
4731d4728
< /srv/samba/public/video/tv/House/S06/House.S06E01.Broken.Part.1 [1080p.x265.AAC.6CH].mkv
5084a5082
> /srv/samba/public/video/tv/Jeremiah/S02/Jeremiah.S02E11.The.Past.is.Prologue [360sd.mpeg4.MP3.2CH].avi
11653d11650
< /srv/samba/public/video/tv/Veep/S05/Veep.S05E04 [720p.x265.AAC.2CH].mkv
11799d11795
< /srv/samba/public/video/tv/Vikings/S05/Vikings.S05E00.The.Saga.of.Lagertha [720p.x264.AAC.2CH].mkv

Alphas & House were 2-part episodes in two files emby didn't like because tvdb said they should be in one file.

Jeremiah was the second part of a two-parter tvdb mistakenly thinks is just a regular-length episode.

Vikings was a special that had the wrong Season/Episode for a special.

For Veep & Bones, the multi-version feature did kick in, but I actually did have two versions of each.  I considered them dupes, so I deleted one of each.

As far as I can tell, everything is in the library properly now, with watched status restored. I think the emby portion of my server rebuild is finished.  Thanks again for all of your help, I really appreciate it all. :-)