New Interface FF RW Issue Maybe??

NicG

First off I love the new interface. I am on the Version 3.0.181.0  I'm not using media control or anything. As remotes go I really don't use the >> to Fast Forward (example x2, x4, x8) to skip around I use the >| to skip 30 secs. So in the new interface >| it skips ahead chapters and >> skips 30 secs, kind of the opposite of wmc as far as the skipping goes. Is there any way to reverse them? My main remote for tv is a Logitech mini dinovo and the >> and >| are the same button quick press for >| and long press for >> and it makes it very difficult to navigate (Ex. press button and hold for 2 sec then skip forward 30secs then let go then repeat). The << and |< is the same just reversed and 7secs not 30sec. Not sure if others would be effected by it as they can just use the other button when in mb3 and go back when in wmc as I am doing on my xbox at the moment. I guess im asking if there is a quick fix or if you could add another option to swap them. Teaching my girlfriend and friends to use one button while in WMC and another in MB3 is difficult as I am lucky enough my girlfriend will let me use wmc and not a set top box as it is.

Thank You, 

Nick

My use of FF/Rew exactly mimics that of the stock WMC player interface - enter a number on the keypad and hit FF or Rew and it moves that many seconds.  That's why I did it that way.

The >>| button is (I always thought) specifically a chapter skip button (that's what the '|' is supposed to denote - a chapter point) so that's why I designed that to behave that way.

In the stock WMC interface >>| does absolutely nothing.  At least it does for me...

Hmm thats odd I know that if you hit say 20 then >| it skips 30secs x20 times if your wmc setting set to 30 secs. but |< is skips back 7 secs and >| skips forward 30 sec or whatever your settings are set to. There are no chapters in tv shows and prob. why they did that but i know for my xbox and 3 htpcs they all skip like that. Would it be hard to code that in? I don't like to ask for anything extra because you guys work so hard as it is but maybe if other people agree would you consider it?

• Like 1

That would rob me of my chapter navigation that I have now.  You can achieve that same functionality with the >>

I do plan to make the default skip back be more like 10 seconds while keeping the default skip forward at 30 and making those independently configurable.

MrWebsmith

eric one quick question on this line of thought.. the old way was in minutes i belive on the "jump ahead" 20+play was 20 mins into the item... anything left button/combo wise that can still do that?... currently in the new interface to do this i have 2 options

click down into the scrub bar.. jump by chapters "close" and use arrows to fine tune... ok...but many clicks...

or

do some math for the  secs (1200)+ffwd

Macburp

Hmm thats odd I know that if you hit say 20 then >| it skips 30secs x20 times if your wmc setting set to 30 secs. but |< is skips back 7 secs and >| skips forward 30 sec or whatever your settings are set to. There are no chapters in tv shows and prob. why they did that but i know for my xbox and 3 htpcs they all skip like that. Would it be hard to code that in? I don't like to ask for anything extra because you guys work so hard as it is but maybe if other people agree would you consider it?

+1 for this. Only way I move about in videos using the old interface.

I used the jump ahead thing all the time to skip intro credits in tv shows and it was definitely seconds for me...

What I might be able to do is, when you are entering a number directly, if you use the >> >|  |

MrWebsmith

that could work for me..

just anything to say me from after-hours maths ;)