Everything has changed - help pls?

barrettuk

barrettuk

First let me say I am a long term supporter and really value the work everyone puts in to bring us this cool software!!! However... things are changing really fast which is good as in I like the continued development and new features etc. but I also really liked my set up and now its not want I wanted :-( So my question is can we still get the same look and feel with configuration or is this just the way things will be going forward..???

In detail.... I only have my main movie collection, boxsets, 3d movies (just playing around with this) and trailers, I don't do any live TV or TV programs or any other add-ons. I had my images for each collection and loved the navigation but with the new updates everything has changed. Now I have collections which is the boxsets, I can live with that...Movies, which is still the main  movie collection, but can't find my 3d movies and the trailers are now hidden within channels :( sob sob...so it feels broken 

How do I get to folders and where is my 3d movies collection gone, btw this is all via the web not on the clients. I guess my concern is that the look and feel is changing and not in a subtle way... what is the vision when you get to a release version?

Again, I love getting new features and fixes but feels like from a GUI stand-point I lost something....

Thanks!

OK and to add to this I just looked to see how the Win8 app looks, I can click on media folders and still see my original ones but also have a new one called collections (as well as my boxsets) when I click on it nothing happens.

I attached some screen shots...

post-1339-0-13343900-1402534728_thumb.jpg

post-1339-0-46264300-1402534733_thumb.jpg

Edited by barrettuk

Junkyard

I have basically the same question to one of the above.

In the web client, I cannot work out how to get my folder views back under Movies.

When I click on Movies in the My Library section on the home screen, it just shows me all my movies dumped together. Previous to the recent updates I would instead always see my sub folders based of the directory structure of my movies folder. 

I've tried playing around with the library view settings in the web client preferences but that didn't change anything. I couldn't see anything in the server config. 

I've done a search on here and trawled back through posts for the last month or so. I feel like an idiot as I'm sure there is something obvious I'm missing??

The folder view works fine in Media Browser Theater and Classic, I just can't work out what I'm doing wrong with the web client. 

Edited by Junkyard

the library view settings are exactly where to go. just uncheck the folders you don't want combined together.

• Like 1

barrettuk

Thanks Luke I will take a look, not sure that will fix the fake/broken 'collections' collection if that's the correct term that I see in the Win8 client? Also when these new features get added, it is possible to leave the default as not to change how it was working and let us opt in vs. the default changing the behavior? Only asking, not sure if that is a consideration or even possible technically :-)

...ok I am in settings, Library and have folders/path substitution/advanced but can see view settings, click on everything else and can see it anywhere...what am I doing wrong lol

Edited by barrettuk

well the changes are purely related to the web client and shouldn't impact the win8 client

barrettuk

So it looks like collections is the new boxsets - and I see a new boxset has been added to this collection, which means the old way it was working I guess has been replaced :-( what a mess .... feels like I need to nuke this and start again?

BTW. I am using auto boxsets addon

Edited by barrettuk

barrettuk

well the changes are purely related to the web client and shouldn't impact the win8 client

Oh got it, your talking about filters in the web view?

...ok I am in settings, Library and have folders/path substitution/advanced but can see view settings, click on everything else and can see it anywhere...what am I doing wrong lol

No, you need to click on your user Icon when in the web client and go to 'My Preferences'

barrettuk

Thanks, missed that and its only just now showing itself as issues.. today the Roku app had cover art missing so I think I will just reinstall...thanks again.

539a2af482da1_WP_20140612_001.jpg

barrettuk

Oh ok I'll try that.. and without rebuilding is there a way to combine the old boxsets with the new collections? Looks like the option to select a folder for auto boxsets has gone and I don't know where the new collections folder lives... I was going to try a cut and paste

Oh ok I'll try that.. and without rebuilding is there a way to combine the old boxsets with the new collections? Looks like the option to select a folder for auto boxsets has gone and I don't know where the new collections folder lives... I was going to try a cut and paste

That went away a long time ago.  Please see here.

Junkyard

"the library view settings are exactly where to go. just uncheck the folders you don't want combined together"

Thats what I thought it would be, but they are all unchecked already.

Maybe ill try removing my Movies collection and adding it back again.