Set default sort order

dcol

The default sort order is set to 'Folders'. I would prefer to have all libraries I select to default to release date. I know I can manually set it, but I have to do that for every folder in the library. I would like to see the ability to have it automatically set the default sort order for all new folders I create.

• Like 6
  • Agree 1

• 3 years later...
Mimpster

Any update on this?  I have a lot of folders containing movie series.  The default Sort by option is "File Name", but I want the movies in each folder sorted by "Release Date".  It's very tedious to click on each folder and manually change the Sort by option, especially when doing this for multiple users.  When Emby updates, all of my changes are set back to default and I have to redo everything again.  It would be great to be able to set default Sort by options for folders, and it would also be great if those types of changes were unaltered by app updates.

19 hours ago, Mimpster said:

Any update on this?  I have a lot of folders containing movie series.  The default Sort by option is "File Name", but I want the movies in each folder sorted by "Release Date".  It's very tedious to click on each folder and manually change the Sort by option, especially when doing this for multiple users.  When Emby updates, all of my changes are set back to default and I have to redo everything again.  It would be great to be able to set default Sort by options for folders, and it would also be great if those types of changes were unaltered by app updates.

Hi, having them reset on app updates is not normal or intended. We’ll try to find the cause of that. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
eightoftwelve

Plus one for this change.   It is an issue on my Samsung TV where I have to re-install every month, and then I loose my previous sort orders.

Thanks.   Scotty

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
tmurphy2792

+1 for this.

Just set up all of my favorite podcasts on Emby and having to change the sort order to Release Date for every device for every user for every podcasts means a lot of manually changing sort orders.

Would love if the admin has the ability to set a default sort order per library, and each user had the ability to override that default per library, and have it reflect across all devices.

Because while release date makes the most sense for podcasts, title makes the most sense for movies.

• 1 month later...