TV Themes not doing anyhting

ghostguy
Go to solution Solved by bigjohn,

ghostguy

I installed the TV theme plugin trail, and so far not a single thing has changed.  The Plugin shows in my plugin settings, and I also understand that for the trail only shows with the letter "A" get used but not even my "A" shows have any themes yet.   

Thoughts?

Are you a supporter? Some plugins won't even work in trial mode if you don't have a Media Browser supporter key.

What client are you using? Installing the server plugin will download theme videos, but if you are using Media Browser Classic it requires an additional (free) plugin to be installed and configured for theme video playback.

Cheesegeezer

Agree with Big John

The best way to check is in the web client, this is the oracle of your library. If it is not showing there, we need to investigate further.

Are you a supporter? Some plugins won't even work in trial mode if you don't have a Media Browser supporter key.

Just to clarify - Trial mode is still valid if you are not a supporter.  Just no registrations are valid until you become a supporter.

This particular plug-in though is a bit different as it is pulling content from I'm not sure where but I think a private server of the plug-in dev.

ghostguy

What client are you using? Installing the server plugin will download theme videos, but if you are using Media Browser Classic it requires an additional (free) plugin to be installed and configured for theme video playback.

Yes  very much a Supporter 

and i'm running this through MBT

ghostguy

Agree with Big John

The best way to check is in the web client, this is the oracle of your library. If it is not showing there, we need to investigate further.

Nope nothing in the Browser client either 

Koleckai Silvestri

Just to clarify - Trial mode is still valid if you are not a supporter.  Just no registrations are valid until you become a supporter.

This particular plug-in though is a bit different as it is pulling content from I'm not sure where but I think a private server of the plug-in dev.

Pulls it from televisiontunes.com

To the OP, make sure the server can write to the directory your television series are stored in. The plugin does work. I registered and installed it a couple of days ago and it has already downloaded 37 themes for me.

OK, I guess radeon changed that in the plugin within the last few months. It used to require a supporter key, even in trial mode.

@@ghostguy which plugin are you referring to here, the TV Theme Videos plugin or the TV Theme Songs plugin? The songs plugin downloads from televisiontunes and it can be kind of hit or miss on some series because of the way they are stored (without indexing by well known IDs) on that site. The videos plugin used to pull from radeon's site but I don't think it does anymore.

ghostguy

@@ghostguy which plugin are you referring to here, the TV Theme Videos plugin or the TV Theme Songs plugin? The songs plugin downloads from televisiontunes and it can be kind of hit or miss on some series because of the way they are stored (without indexing by well known IDs) on that site. The videos plugin used to pull from radeon's site but I don't think it does anymore.

Im talking about Tv Theme Videos plugin 

OK, I guess radeon changed that in the plugin within the last few months. It used to require a supporter key, even in trial mode.

Oh, well, then I don't know then.  This is not standard logic.  If you just use our standard validation routines, this will not be the case.  If he has done something custom, then it may be.

ghostguy

Soooooooo i'm getting the message that TV Show Themes are working right now?

Edited by ghostguy

Soooooooo i'm getting the message that TV Show Themes are brooking right now?

No, I don't think anyone has said anything like that. As far as I can tell it is working.

I can confirm from my own collection that there are theme videos available for these "A" series:

Animaniacs

Archer

Arrested Development

(not sure if "The Americans" counts as an "A" series or not)

Not all series have theme videos available. If you just happen to not have any "A" series that have available theme videos, then nothing would show up. What "A" series do you have in your collection? I can add some fake series to my collection to test and see if things are working as they should.

• Like 1

ghostguy

No, I don't think anyone has said anything like that. As far as I can tell it is working.

I can confirm from my own collection that there are theme videos available for these "A" series:

Animaniacs

Archer

Arrested Development

(not sure if "The Americans" counts as an "A" series or not)

Not all series have theme videos available. If you just happen to not have any "A" series that have available theme videos, then nothing would show up. What "A" series do you have in your collection? I can add some fake series to my collection to test and see if things are working as they should.

Ok Sure 

-First clarification is what should I see the Plugin be doing?  Maybe I have the wrong expectations

-The only A I have is "Are you being Served"    which maybe the problem as its not a very top40s TV Show

I do also have 24 in there but thats not officially an "A"

• Solution

The plugin should be downloading a video which will be named "theme.mp4" and it will place it in a hidden folder in the series folder called "backdrops". I just created a fake "Are You Being Served" series and did not get a theme video downloaded, but did get a theme song (I have both plugins).

You could test it by creating a fake series folder with some fake content. For example, create a new folder called "Animaniacs", create another folder inside it called "Season 1". Inside the Season 1 folder create a new empty text file and rename it to S01E01.mp4. Then run a library scan (if it didn't run automatically), then run the "Download Local TV Theme Videos" task from the Scheduled Tasks area of the dashboard. This should create a new (hidden) folder in the "Animaniacs" folder called "backdrops" with a theme.mp4 file inside.

There are probably some extra unnecessary steps in what I wrote, but that is what I did to test.

• Like 3

ghostguy

DING DING DING

"Are you being Served" was not getting anything because there was nothing to DL

Thanks BigJohn you are the man

Good day,

Just one head up when you create fake title, best to add the extension as: disc.

As bigjohn example above will be: S01E01.disc

That way, the server will see it as offline titles.

More explain in this thread:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/674-media-files-folders-structure/&do=findComment&comment=80624

My best

radeon

Oh, well, then I don't know then.  This is not standard logic.  If you just use our standard validation routines, this will not be the case.  If he has done something custom, then it may be.

Yep, Bigjohn is right, I wrote all my plugins to not work unless you were a supporter even in trial mode.

About 4 months ago, i changed it. Its always been custom as had my plugins out before the examples were released.