File size

tdiguy

hawk223

Sometimes I do lower the bitrate. I'm sure I was getting poor quality buy forcing the hardware encoder to a lower bitrate to get the same size output. I gave up on the hardware encoder and am using the software encoder as it works correctly. Turns out the fault of the hardware encoder is NVIDIA's. I'm not even sure why they put out a hardware encoder that sucks so badly. I did a little reading and apparently the AMD one it's much better but the Intel hardware encoder actually is supposed to be pretty close to the software encoder in size output. Unfortunately I'm running this on server processors and I don't have the necessary CPU to try the intel hardware encoder.

8 minutes ago, hawk223 said:

Sometimes I do lower the bitrate. I'm sure I was getting poor quality buy forcing the hardware encoder to a lower bitrate to get the same size output. I gave up on the hardware encoder and am using the software encoder as it works correctly. Turns out the fault of the hardware encoder is NVIDIA's. I'm not even sure why they put out a hardware encoder that sucks so badly. I did a little reading and apparently the AMD one it's much better but the Intel hardware encoder actually is supposed to be pretty close to the software encoder in size output. Unfortunately I'm running this on server processors and I don't have the necessary CPU to try the intel hardware encoder.

If you look at your earlier posting on the last page where you gave an example breakdown of size outputs using various options...if you could run those again and then provide the ffmpeg conversion logs that would be very helpful. You never know, maybe we'll find that we're asking for a bitrate that is too high, thus resulting in the larger size.