Real Time Monitoring

qnvy82

Hello,

I’m having an issue with real time monitoring working correctly with my current set up. I am currently running Emby version 4.3.0.34 on Linux Mint connected to a windows share with NTFS for my media. Emby is able to read and write to the drives. So I’m trying to figure out why real time monitoring doesn’t work? When I had Emby Server set up on Windows, real time monitoring worked fine. When I had my hard drives converted to EXT 4, it worked fine. Now that I have Emby running through a network drive with NTFS, real time monitoring doesn’t work. Am I missing something? Thanks.

-qnvy82

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello,

I’m having an issue with real time monitoring working correctly with my current set up. I am currently running Emby version 4.3.0.34 on Linux Mint connected to a windows share with NTFS for my media. Emby is able to read and write to the drives. So I’m trying to figure out why real time monitoring doesn’t work? When I had Emby Server set up on Windows, real time monitoring worked fine. When I had my hard drives converted to EXT 4, it worked fine. Now that I have Emby running through a network drive with NTFS, real time monitoring doesn’t work. Am I missing something? Thanks.

-qnvy82

Also, when I add new files, I have to manually update my library if I want the files to show immediately. Thanks.

So I’m trying to figure out why real time monitoring doesn’t work? 

Emby is built with .NET Core, and the .NET Core real-time monitor uses INotify on Linux, and I don't believe INotify supports windows ntfs shares.

Emby is built with .NET Core, and the .NET Core real-time monitor uses INotify on Linux, and I don't believe INotify supports windows ntfs shares.

Oh ok. That explains it. Thanks for the reply. I guess I will back up my raid and convert everything to ext 4.

you need a local mount. INotify doesn't work across network shares.

I have a local mount. Still doesn’t work for me. Everything else is fine except for the on demand updating when I add new files.