Subtitles in new player interface

zombieagain

zombieagain

Hi,

how do you enable and disable closed captions in the new player interface? I had to switch to the old player interface to make them appear...

Giovanni

Can you provide more information?  I wasn't aware that the WMC player had any way to select subtitles.

zombieagain

It has a way to select closed captions for broadcast programs/recording. I have a button on my Irule remote that calls this function through eventghost, but with the new player interface it doesn't work anymore, See the screenshot below:

53993ec084482_closedcaptions.png

buddyweiser

I wonder if that feature could be adapted to use subtitles for other non broadcast material... Maybe have the mb server sort of trick wmc into thinking that the. srt is a broadcast caption?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Ahh... so those are wtv files?

I haven't found anything in the API that gives me access to those so they simply may not work with the new interface.

zombieagain

yes, or live tv. It is a standard (if optional) button for MCE remotes. Eventghost just uses the shortcut "Ctrl+Shift+C" to bring that menu up. Or you can get there just by using left or right arrows a few times while watching the video.

The new player interface won't affect your Live TV viewing.  Only items you watch via MB.