Cannot connect to Emby app since recent update on 11/16/2019

Djmthw

Hi,

I had no problem logging into my Emby TV app until November 16th, 2019 when all of a sudden it was not buffering properly. I kept getting an error message stating that my internet connection was not good. Then, the page just buffered on and on. Since yesterday, the page asks for a server/host/post or an Emby Connect account. After Signing up with a new email address and password, it's still not connecting. I have even re-downloaded the embytv app and an embytv beta app onto my Roku lineup. My family is getting frustrated and I don't know what to do.

Please help.

Hi.  Where is your server installed?

What, exactly, did this message say?

I kept getting an error message stating that my internet connection was not good.

Before it used to automatically connect me into Emby TV. Now it asks to pick either of 2 things: 1. Connect to Server, 2. Sign in with Emby Connect. When I sign in with Emby connect, it states to visit http://emby.media/pin and enter the given pin code. After doing that, it states verified and asks to connect to either a server or Sign in with Emby connect.

If 1st option is chosen, the page asks for a "Host" under which "Port" provides four numbers.

If 2nd option is clicked, it states to enter username, password, and pin code.

I don't know what to enter for "Host" and "Port". If I enter my IP address, I get the following error message: we're unable to connect to the selected server right now. Please ensure it is running and try again.

"-7: Failed to connect to .... Connection refused.

Happy2Play

We need to stick with one topic as they would appear to be the same issue.  Do you have a installed Emby Server or are you connecting to someone else's server?

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

Hi. My emby server is installed on my Roku device.

Emby for Roku is a client that has to connect to a Emby Server.  If it worked before, then you were connecting to someone else's Emby Server if you do not have one installed yourself..  You would need to contact who ever you are/were connecting to.

Happy2Play

You may not want the answer to that question in PUBLIC, @@Happy2Play

Maybe, but it not like the same question has not been posted about providers asking if we know about them.

This is Emby getting tech support because some provider of streams is using Emby for their service. When that provider should be fielding these types of tech support calls.

The best advice is contact your provider of the streams. Emby is just the middleman in this instance. Emby provides the service for you to watch the streams. Emby is not providing these streams. If you are not running your own Emby server you need to contact the provider of the server you are using with Emby. Something has occured on their end that affects how your Emby app is working with their server. Your problem is with them.

• Like 1

mamabean

i can't login either.

everything was groovy until up hit "restart to apply update" now no roku, no android, no ios, no laptop, no emby connect, no login of any kind.

server working perfectly on windows 10.

i really dont have the brain cells for complicated fixes and responses heavy on the tech jargon. i signed up for emby priemere because it i needed something safe for the littles and it was so simple. now i've wasted several hours and im kinda pissed. i've got kids to worry about, laundry to fold, food  to cook and no goddamn time to fight with this program 

tell me how to fix this asap please.

i can't login either.

everything was groovy until up hit "restart to apply update" now no roku, no android, no ios, no laptop, no emby connect, no login of any kind.

server working perfectly on windows 10.

i really dont have the brain cells for complicated fixes and responses heavy on the tech jargon. i signed up for emby priemere because it i needed something safe for the littles and it was so simple. now i've wasted several hours and im kinda pissed. i've got kids to worry about, laundry to fold, food  to cook and no goddamn time to fight with this program 

tell me how to fix this asap please.

Normally we would say.. Please start your own thread.. as to not confuse you with users who purchase servers to use with Emby rather than their "own" Emby server. I left a post before yours to address these users who purchase servers. We cannot help them. They have to receive help from their provider that runs those servers.

In this case.. No need for a new thread for your issue. We can go through the normal steps. In this case if all the apps do not work it is something on the server causing it.

For windows 10:

1) The server IP changed and the apps need to be updated with the new IP address?

2) Windows Firewall is active or does not have an exception for Emby?

3) The Network Type of the Connection of the Emby Server PC is not seen as Private but has reverted to Public?

4) You just need to reboot your router?

5) There are security programs on the PC misidentify Emby as a threat. These can mark Emby as malicious and cause problems.

6) You may need to reboot the PC. Sometimes with Windows this is the only way to cure the problems.

Do any of the 6 methods above work to fix your issue?

They are in the order you should try them. The last step of course is standard. Try a reboot of the PC as a last resort.

Edited by speechles

Happy2Play

First I would check if you can get to your Emby server via localhost:8096 or lanip:8096 (depending on where you try from) in a browser.  What "restart to apply update"?  Might be the C++ update but need more information.

mamabean

to clarify: my server updated itself to 4.3.0.26

when i noticed it, it said restart to update. so i did. 

when it came back online. on the windows 10 machine it's on everything seem 100percent

try the roku tv, nothing. i can see it there but i can't connect. it offers the option to "wake the server" but no response 

the windows laptop (emby theatre) attempts to connect but times out, no response

ditto for the android box, the iphone. the roku tv asked me to login to emby connect to enter a pin, which i did. pin verified. still no access

this is all happening on the LAN

i attempted to connect through the browser. nada.

i will TRY to work through the steps above but i can already see that i have to decipher a bunch of stuff.

ie....updating the ip in the various app....i shall figure out how to do that and let you know what happens.

regarding firewall, security, etc., everything was perfect yesterday. would the update change that?

i know i sound like a jerk, but i swear i don't even have time to sit down and type...pls make this as easy as possible???

i don't even need outside access, it's just for us to watch at home.

much appreciated 

Happy2Play

to clarify: my server updated itself to 4.3.0.26

when i noticed it, it said restart to update. so i did. 

when it came back online. on the windows 10 machine it's on everything seem 100percent

try the roku tv, nothing. i can see it there but i can't connect. it offers the option to "wake the server" but no response 

the windows laptop (emby theatre) attempts to connect but times out, no response

ditto for the android box, the iphone. the roku tv asked me to login to emby connect to enter a pin, which i did. pin verified. still no access

this is all happening on the LAN

i attempted to connect through the browser. nada.

i will TRY to work through the steps above but i can already see that i have to decipher a bunch of stuff.

ie....updating the ip in the various app....i shall figure out how to do that and let you know what happens.

regarding firewall, security, etc., everything was perfect yesterday. would the update change that?

i know i sound like a jerk, but i swear i don't even have time to sit down and type...pls make this as easy as possible???

i don't even need outside access, it's just for us to watch at home.

much appreciated 

It sounds the C++ pop up installation that came with the 4.3.0.26 update if needed is preventing Emby from starting.  Can you get to the desktop of the machine Emby is installed on?

mamabean

yes, happy, im on it right now. the server is running perfect.

i turned off each security feature one by one and it was the firewall....

now to figure a fix. 

thanks. let you know what happens

Edited by mamabean

Happy2Play

yes, happy, im on it right now. the server is running perfect.

i turned off each security feature one by one and it was the firewall....

now to figure a fix. 

thanks. let you know what happens

That would point to this.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Connectivity#open-tcp-port-8096-on-your-servers-firewall

• Like 1