Go to solution Solved by Gui76,

FrostByte

This is what I see when click on videos in folder view using .64 beta

Emby_20220119_111832.thumb.png.7d024a29e337f64ab90482ac5ced7deb.png

With pictures I get "Add to Favorites"

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

With pictures I get "Add to Favorites"

Pictures automatically play from here when you hit the play button on them.

• Like 1

GrimReaper
3 minutes ago, ebr said:

Pictures automatically play from here when you hit the play button on them.

Both the OP and @korny009 (myself included) were talking about videos.

On 11/22/2019 at 10:26 AM, Gui76 said:

Hi,

in the web client and on Android (phone/tablet), there is the option to "play all from here".

That option is a Godsend for the use case of watching family videos: lots of very short videos.

Received my Shield yesterday, and I cannot find this option in the Android TV client, making family videos barely watchable on the big screen (so many clicks required, my fingers hurt 🙂

12 hours ago, korny009 said:

Hi I am on version 2.0.48g on Android tv and cannot see the play from here under videos... On my phone running emby for Android it works fine but on my shield and tv no option...

1 minute ago, GrimReaper said:

Both the OP and @korny009 (myself included) were talking about videos.

I know but Frostbyte mentioned pictures and implied the option was missing there too.  It isn't because it is default behavior.

FrostByte

However, it could be added I guess was my point.  I realize the thread is about video though and maybe shouldn't have mentioned it.

korny009

Yes I was talking about videos as some home videos I want to keep sperate from TV series so it autoplays and they are in folders according to years taken so there is no autoplay as per screenshot above posted by frostbyte.. I get exactly the same just play and no autoplay from here.

On 1/22/2022 at 4:17 AM, korny009 said:

Yes I was talking about videos as some home videos I want to keep sperate from TV series so it autoplays and they are in folders according to years taken so there is no autoplay as per screenshot above posted by frostbyte.. I get exactly the same just play and no autoplay from here.

We'll take a look at this. Thanks for reporting.

• 3 weeks later...
warrencalvert

Hi Luke

I've just switched from Emby Theatre on Windows to a Shield Pro.  I'm really disappointed to lose the 'play all from here' option for videos.

I used this all the time in Emby Theatre for playing lots of short home video clips.  Just to confirm, my setup is same as above - library type is 'home photos and videos' and I have videos organised into subfolders by year.  
What I want is the same functionality as Emby Theatre where I can select an item somewhere in the folder (which is organised by date) and then play all videos from that one onwards.

Please can we get this added to Android TV?

1 minute ago, warrencalvert said:

Hi Luke

I've just switched from Emby Theatre on Windows to a Shield Pro.  I'm really disappointed to lose the 'play all from here' option for videos.

I used this all the time in Emby Theatre for playing lots of short home video clips.  Just to confirm, my setup is same as above - library type is 'home photos and videos' and I have videos organised into subfolders by year.  
What I want is the same functionality as Emby Theatre where I can select an item somewhere in the folder (which is organised by date) and then play all videos from that one onwards.

Please can we get this added to Android TV?

Hi.  For now, you could install the standard app on your device:

• 2 weeks later...
warrencalvert

I only see Emby for Android TV in the Play Store.   Is there any easy way of installing Emby for Android on the Shield?

Thanks,
Warren.

FrostByte
13 minutes ago, warrencalvert said:

I only see Emby for Android TV in the Play Store.   Is there any easy way of installing Emby for Android on the Shield?

Thanks,
Warren.

It's not in the store yet.  You will need to use the link ebr posted above and sideload the app to get it on your Shield

• 2 months later...
warrencalvert

I've just noticed the 'play all from here' option is now present in Emby for Android TV.  Thank you for adding this, I'm very pleased to have this feature now.

• Thanks 1