Scrolling in Guide Force Closes

Tony B.

Tony B.

Using the Fire Stick remotely, I can't scroll past one listing in the guide and it hangs then force closes.

I have since enabled debugging and sent several.

I presume you need an emby log with this?

Edited by Tony B.

Tony B.

Give me a few minutes then I will send 5 bug reports from the Fire TV app, after that, send the log on this thread.

Edited by Tony B.

Reports from the Fire Stick sent (yes it's a non-beta version, but it happens in beta as well)

Then add the following information to your report in the forum:

• Exactly what you were doing and what happened.  Include the name of whatever you played if it is a playback problem
  • The time you sent the log (in Eastern Time please - UTC -5)
  • The name of the Emby user on the local server that was logged in at the time

Tony B.

Scrolling in the guide, as the title says. Up or down. If it had to 'load' it hung then FC.

Around all day yesterday but, concentrated around 9:20-9:30pm EST

Tino-Remote

Hi.  Is this something new?

How slow is the connection you are on?

How many channels do you have?

It looks like the stick is completely overwhelmed.  This is one of the first or second gen ones, correct?

Try bringing up the guide and not touching a key for maybe 30 seconds and see what happens.

Tony B.

@@ebr I started to notice on Sunday.

110/20 is the connection speed

A couple hundred.

Second gen. Would you suggest I get the new 4K stick?

I'll try that.

Edited by Luke

Tony B.

@@ebr

Since you said that the stick was getting bogged down, I went through and disabled a couple things.

The backdrop was A HUGE issue (remotely). It caused hanging and FC in the main menu. This also helped a little bit with the guide.

It still needs a couple seconds to catch up before I start using the fast forward and rewind button to go pages at a time, however, it's a little better.

Since this is a permanent stick I travel with, I will leave this backdrop setting unchecked in settings. It rarely gets connected at home, only when I need to 'check in' on apps like PSVue.

Also, I must say that the hangs/FCs have reduced because of that backdrop setting and because I reduced the amount of channels. It does hang for a couple seconds but doesn't FC.

However, I have never had these problems before the last updates to the app; Used to have around 1500 channels activated in xTeve