Request: Add emby channel: favorite shows on shield homepage?

jblaze12

jblaze12

Request: Add emby channel: favorite shows on shield homepage? Or a random playlist of certain shows?

It'd be nice instead of the only available option: what's next (which I never use).

So, no.

I see.

@@jblaze12, no, he's not saying no, he's just linking you to existing feature requests so that you can contribute your feedback there rather than opening a new ticket. Thanks !

jblaze12

I read the first link and it was about favorites on the main screen of emby not the shield app "channel" listing. It ended with "We have had plans for a while to try and introduce a bit of a new interface here but simply haven't gotten to it yet."

As a consumer, I read that as a "no."

The second link talks about a random movie button on the emby main screen (as far as I can tell), not from the shield "channels". 

Unless I misinterpreted everyone talking about the emby home screen (or "main screen") as the nvidia shield main screen/home page I don't see how they are what I was asking for or closely related. Two different apps?

Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback. We will look at improving our process here.

Two different apps?

We want all of our apps to ultimately have a unified design, so if someone requests a feature for one app it is applicable to all of them.

jblaze12

I think you're both misunderstanding what I'm referencing:

Here is what my original request/suggestion was based on: the Nvidia Shield main page custom channel for emby

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/cmsdata/features/3677875/shield_tv_software_update_news_thumb800.jpg

It is not an emby app but how emby is available through the nvidia shield's main page/app.

Emby only has 1 channel available: "what's on next". I assumed you (the emby team) was in control of that. If not, I can ask on the shield forums.

My request/suggestion was for favorite shows and random playlists.

I hope this helps you both understand the original request and why the two original links with no explanation was unhelpful and received as a "no".

Thanks!

OK, apologies for the mix-up. Feature requests are never really declined. We actively monitor them for community feedback and use that to determine if we will proceed with them or not.

I think you're both misunderstanding what I'm referencing:

Here is what my original request/suggestion was based on: the Nvidia Shield main page custom channel for emby

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/cmsdata/features/3677875/shield_tv_software_update_news_thumb800.jpg

It is not an emby app but how emby is available through the nvidia shield's main page/app.

Emby only has 1 channel available: "what's on next". I assumed you (the emby team) was in control of that. If not, I can ask on the shield forums.

My request/suggestion was for favorite shows and random playlists.

I hope this helps you both understand the original request and why the two original links with no explanation was unhelpful and received as a "no".

Thanks!

Hi.  Thanks for that further explanation.

BTW - we do have more than one Shield home screen channel available in the app.  If you go to the Shield settings you can enable/disable the ones we have.  However, we don't have either one of the ones you requested at this time.

I did misunderstand exactly where you were talking about though and what you are actually requesting would be easier to make happen than what I thought you were requesting.

Thanks.

jblaze12

Thanks for the responses, I know you have to cover a lot of ground with the amount of requests and fixes etc. On my shield (which is up to date) it only shows 1 available channel which is "what's on next".

Just fyi, I know you all work really hard on bug fixes and optimizations. I hope, one day, focus can be put on customized homepages and content consumption. I think this will separate emby from the competition. Overall, I'm very happy being a lifetime member and wish you all the best.

Thanks for your info!