Import from backup created several duplicates in My Media

pcm2a

On Synology, docker container, 4.3.0.25. I started up Emby, imported a backup. The backup would have had 3 sections: TV Shows, Movies and Recordings. The below image is what I actually ended up with. Each section has the right media in it, it's just duplicated two times. I'm not sure how to remove the sections without deleting my media.

The easiest thing will be to just wipe it and start over, setting up my media manually. I thought I would report the issue in case it happens to anyone else.

5dd6f91998113_ScreenShot20191121at24753P

5dd6f9267c3d8_ScreenShot20191121at24856P

It was taken today, during the night, whenever backups are performed. The only thing noteworthy is the backup was taken from the beta version and then imported into the stable version. Maybe that's the problem?

No that should be ok since the versions are basically identical. I think you may need to delete them from library setup, then run a scan to flush them out of the database, then add them back.

I will look into what caused this. Thanks.

• 5 months later...
pcm2a

I wanted to report that this is still an issue. I just updated from a 4.3.x version to the latest 4.4. When I imported my backup from today I was in for a treat.

5eb313be2ec05_ScreenShot20200506at23928P

Yes this is in my list for review. Thanks for following up.

snodrog742

Ours duplicated Collections.  I didn't screenshot or anything and just deleted the extras.  Just my 2 cents