4.3.0.25 will not start

Spotta

So I've got a day off so I thought I'd finally get to deal some of my Emby issues that have been plaguing me, 

I saw that 4.3.0.25 was out so I thought I'd upgrade first to start on the latest version (I was 4.2) After updating the same way I have for years - Download x64 portable edition, extract and overwrite system folder on my portable install, I cannot get into the Server dashboard, just a message stating 'Emby Server is loading. Please try again shortly.' 

For now I have gone back to 4.2 - maybe I'm one of the lucky ones after seeing how many people have had their collections wiped with 4.3!

Anyhow, here are the logs in case they can help find out what the issue is.  embyserver.txt

It's starting ok but trying to launch a windows visual c++ installer update. If you've disabled windows uac try turning it back on.

d00zah

So I've got a day off so I thought I'd finally get to deal some of my Emby issues that have been plaguing me, 
I saw that 4.3.0.25 was out so I thought I'd upgrade first to start on the latest version (I was 4.2) After updating the same way I have for years - Download x64 portable edition, extract and overwrite system folder on my portable install, I cannot get into the Server dashboard, just a message stating 'Emby Server is loading. Please try again shortly.' 
For now I have gone back to 4.2 - maybe I'm one of the lucky ones after seeing how many people have had their collections wiped with 4.3!
Anyhow, here are the logs in case they can help find out what the issue is.  attachicon.gifembyserver.txt

This happened to me running Emby as a service. Update executed  'as administrator', but automatic spawning of 'windows visual c++ installer update' gets lost. Log contains a path to the temp file downloaded by the installer. Run it manually & restart server..

C:\Emby\programdata\cache\temp\e3724d3d-d2c3-4255-9de9-c71f2efb9a5b.exe

Edited by d00zah
  • Like 1