MBPlus classic recommendation logic

tman

I've recently become an official MB3 supporter and bought MBPlus Classic. Loving the working here, and the AI that suggests things to watch, but I wondered if this classic plugin is going to get the same recommendation treatment as the web gui. I was very impressed with the web front end offering various choices 'because I watched that' or 'because I liked this'. I thought MBPlus Classic would use the same AI as the web gui to make recommendations, but it's recommendations are far more limited by the looks of it.... unless I'm missing something of course.

I've gone through my whole collection and checked the ones I've watched (only recently moved from MB2, so had to go through everything again). I even made some 'favourite' choices, so the server side should be pretty accurate on that front.

MB Plus makes its recommendations based on your actual viewing habits.  So it is keying off of played dates.  If you haven't actually watched anything in an MB 3 client (as opposed to just marking it watched) then your recommendations will be sparse at first.  Once you start actually watching content, they should get much better.

Will mb plus support "next up" at any point?

Already does.  If you create a "TV" Category showing the Next Up channel is an option.

• Like 1

chef

Already does. If you create a "TV" Category showing the Next Up channel is an option.

Thank you. Mb plus is awesome

MB Plus makes its recommendations based on your actual viewing habits.  So it is keying off of played dates.  If you haven't actually watched anything in an MB 3 client (as opposed to just marking it watched) then your recommendations will be sparse at first.  Once you start actually watching content, they should get much better.

Ok, that's cool. I've only recently made the move to MB3, so haven't watched much through it yet, but, there are a couple of suggestions that have appeared, so I can see it's doing something. I do like the web recommendations though. Are there any plans to merge the logic, or enhance MBPC to present recommendations in a similar way?

Ok, that's cool. I've only recently made the move to MB3, so haven't watched much through it yet, but, there are a couple of suggestions that have appeared, so I can see it's doing something. I do like the web recommendations though. Are there any plans to merge the logic, or enhance MBPC to present recommendations in a similar way?

I guess I don't really understand by "in a similar way".  Maybe you can expand on that.

MB Plus already gives you channels for "Because You watched".  In MB Plus they are called "Like xxx...".

It doesn't show ones like your favorites at this point but maybe that could be added.  Then, you can create custom channels based on any number of criteria in MB Plus that will give you directors, actors, genres etc. or any combination of those.

So, I think we already pretty much have all of that (and more) covered - with the exception of the like your favorites.

Also realize that you can bring up the context menu on any movie in MBC and select "Similar To..." and get that same list you see in the web client for that movie.