MBC Borders

Jasin

Jasin

With the new player interface when playing a video there is a blue border around the whole thing. It isn't full screen all the way. The normal player is full screen. Also the whole MBC menus have a border around them. They had that before the new update. Is there a way I can fix it? Thank you.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Jasin

Thank you, exactly what I was looking for. Sorry I didn't see the older thread. I didn't care about the border in the main, thought it was normal, but the new player made it annoying not full screen. I will adjust it tonight.

Thank you, exactly what I was looking for. Sorry I didn't see the older thread. I didn't care about the border in the main, thought it was normal, but the new player made it annoying not full screen. I will adjust it tonight.

If you are seeing borders around the main program on a host PC (not an extender) then the first thing you should do is check the WMC setup and try some different types of TVs in there to see if it corrects.  Next, try your video card's adjustments for over and under scan.

Our values should be a last resort as they will be the least efficient and really should only come into play where you have an extender that has different display characteristics from the host PC.

Jasin

If you are seeing borders around the main program on a host PC (not an extender) then the first thing you should do is check the WMC setup and try some different types of TVs in there to see if it corrects.  Next, try your video card's adjustments for over and under scan.

Our values should be a last resort as they will be the least efficient and really should only come into play where you have an extender that has different display characteristics from the host PC.

Windows media center is normal though, it's just media browser that has a border. Video played full screen until the new player.

Also if I made media center a window. It still has the border around it for media browser.

Edited by Jasin

Then I would definitely play with the TV setup in WMC.  If it is set to TV try setting it to Flat Panel or vice versa.

Jasin

Then I would definitely play with the TV setup in WMC.  If it is set to TV try setting it to Flat Panel or vice versa.

Understood, I will check it out tonight. Thank you for the tip.

Jasin

Flat panel fixed the issue. Thank you. Not sure why that has such a difference.

Flat panel fixed the issue. Thank you. Not sure why that has such a difference.

Just FYI it is because WMC was designed in the days when many people still had CRT displays and CRTs have issues with over scan which WMC was attempting to adjust for.  Flat Panels (all TVs today) are digital displays and have no over scan so, when you tell WMC you have that kind of display, it quits trying to compensate for something that isn't there.

Macburp

Okay, adjusting for over/underscan should be a whole lot easier now.

5398a1b896330_mbcoverscan.png

Is this only on a dev build right now?

Nice fixed it with new interface on my xbox 360(glad both my main htpc and xbox use different mb3 settings) though should mention the screen saver didnt ajust also figured I would let you know so you are aware. Also might end up leaving in burned in images on the screen.