New adjustments to interface interfere with Classic Theme

SikSlayer

SikSlayer

I've always used and liked the clasic theme with EHS off, but with the new MBC .179 beta, channels are appearing along with my folders, and its making for a very messy look. I personally really dont need channels in MBC, I make better use of them in other interfaces. Is there a way to hide them in the classic theme?

SikSlayer

So you don't use Trailers or Podcasts...?

That's not the problem at all. It's making for a very messy look for me. I don't need those items in MBC, I make use of them in the web client. It'd be better if I could hide channels in MBC.

Same here. I would prefer a way to turn on/off channels in Classic. I do not use Favorites, Music by genre or Music by Artist either so I have those turn off. I only use movies, videos, music, photos & recorded tv at EHS level. Would prefer to just have a single Channels group and everything else under that.

I have two other issues with current implementation. Channels only show up on 1 of 3 machines with the same version of Classic installed (how do I make it show up on the other 2?). Channels are all taking up individual slots on the EHS (how do you make them group into only one entry on the EHS ?)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That's not the problem at all. It's making for a very messy look for me. I don't need those items in MBC, I make use of them in the web client. It'd be better if I could hide channels in MBC.

Well - it will be a problem if you use trailers or podcasts because, if you turn off channels in MBC you will no longer have access to those.

SikSlayer

Well - it will be a problem if you use trailers or podcasts because, if you turn off channels in MBC you will no longer have access to those.

That's the choice I am forced to make. I love the new channels, but I'm not gonna use them at the behest of 'ruining' the original reason I ran Media Browser for all these years.

That's the choice I am forced to make. I love the new channels, but I'm not gonna use them at the behest of 'ruining' the original reason I ran Media Browser for all these years.

I agree totally. How do you turn off Channels in Classic? If this is how it has to be I don't want it. How can I turn it off or roll back to a previous version without it?

Keep your pants on ;).  You are running a Beta version.  If you don't wish to help evolve these new features then set your update level to Release.

SikSlayer

Keep your pants on ;).  You are running a Beta version.  If you don't wish to help evolve these new features then set your update level to Release.

I DO want to, thats why I'm bringing up these issues while things are still being worked on.  <_<

Eventually, even the release version will have this and now is the time to put in my two cents before things are set in stone.

I see there's a dev version .180 with options for channels, I was going to try that out and see what choices I had there.

UPDATE: Huzzah! dev .181 gave me the option I wanted except trailers isn't grouped with the others, but I mostly understand why.

In any case, I can just hide them all.

Edited by SikSlayer

Silk - sorry, I was replying to EZEd who's post appeared to be demanding things be put back the way they were :).

I appreciate your feedback on these issues as it is only through wider use that we can fine tune these things into the best scenario.

...except trailers isn't grouped with the others, but I mostly understand why.

Trailers actually is grouped with channels.  It is just that the Trailers plug-in is duplicating itself both the old way and new way right now because most clients have not yet implemented any access to channels (MBC is the first besides the web client).  So, the only way people can get to trailers in any other client is if it is duplicated like this.

So, for now, you'll see it twice but the one that doesn't group with the other channels will be going away.

Silk - sorry, I was replying to EZEd who's post appeared to be demanding things be put back the way they were :).

I appreciate your feedback on these issues as it is only through wider use that we can fine tune these things into the best scenario.

Ill ask again. If it is already showing up on Classic, I've already turned on release updates but Channels is still showing...how do I turn it off?

Ill ask again. If it is already showing up on Classic, I've already turned on release updates but Channels is still showing...how do I turn it off?

You either need to re-install the release version from the website, or set your update level back to Beta and get the latest beta that has options on how channels are displayed.