MBC 179 Update

Logos302

Logos302

Just upgraded to the MBC 179 Update and my first observation is I like the new player interface.  What I don't like is the green for the watched and unwatched indicators they are hard to read the numbers on the backdrops.  The other thing is when it plays the trailers it plays it full screen, I liked it better in the "windowed" view were you could see the play,cast, etc buttons.  It's not as obvious this way that you can hit stop and then select what you want to play.  

The other thing is when it plays the trailers it plays it full screen, I liked it better in the "windowed" view were you could see the play,cast, etc buttons.

What theme are you using that did that?

Chocolate I believe, but ill double check when I get home.

To my knowledge, chocolate never did that.  Maybe there is a setting somewhere I'm not aware of.

Logos302

ok this is odd I went into the same folder as before "from dusk till dawn" and it didn't do it this time so I don't know.  And I am using chocolate.  Any chance of changing the green?  Or having an option to change the shading or something.  I'm not sure why but both my wife and I find it harder to read.    

The new green indicators are intended to match up with the other clients.  Do they look that different in MBC?

Latchmor

Just for fun, here are some. Poster sizes were different so ignore the actual size.

MBC 5398c8df5fa06_mbc.jpg

MBS 5398c8f4e4c57_mbs.jpg

MBT 5398c90773fc0_mbt.jpg

Latchmor

Any reason the MBC tick was moved to top left? Not bothered, just curious  ;)

Any reason the MBC tick was moved to top left? Not bothered, just curious  ;)

That's actually where it always has been.  

During this dev cycle, when I first changed the indicator, I moved it to the right - until I realized that put it right on top of the "Missing", "Future" and "Offline" banners...

Logos302

I think part of it is the on the other clients are 2- feet away (I don't use any other client in a TV setting), where as the tv is like 10ish feet away.  I think that a shadow around the numbers would help.  As well as before the check mark box was a different colour (red I believe) making it easier to tell at a glance what you have and have not seen.  

This could also all just be a my brain resisting change and finding something to not like about it  :D.

Latchmor

Yeah Logos302 I've just looked from my normal distance and I guess the numbers could be clearer. It's easy to tell if it's a tick or not but numbers are harder to read. Perhaps what ebr said about using a little darker green may help.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

MBT is a 10' interface as well.

We can fine-tune if there is a lot of feedback to do so.  Personally, I have not had any issue in my environment (I do have a 70" plasma and a 120" projection screen though).  The next beta version has a little darker green.  We'll see if that helps.

Logos302

yeah my tv is only 42" slightly smaller then yours.  That's it the perfect reason to get a new TV  :D